Our first SDE of the year! Debut of the Glidetrack!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 24th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Amanali View Post
Hey Ram,

Great Work and Congrats on the GT. I really enjoyed the beginning shots with the GT and they look really great. Its nice to see that you are shooting such great work and I wish if I had an opportunity to shoot with you more. Give Shawn my regards and hopefully he is still working with you. By the way, I am not sure exactly when your wife's due date was but was it a boy or girl?

Take care,

Karim.
Hey Karim,

The exterior shots in the beginning are shot a day prior to the wedding day when I when to scout the location. It was suppose to be an outdoor ceremony. For outdoor events, I try to give extra attention as lot of factors such as wind, sun location can have an impact on the outcome. So I try to checkout the place a head of time for camera positions. But they end up holding the ceremony indoor in a small chapel in the same venue as it turned out to be an overcast/rainy day. The chapel also gave us equal challenge as it was too small for us to place our cameras in optimal positions.

We had our baby boy in March. A 2nd shooter in the making ;-)
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #17
Major Player

Hi, Ram,
I thought it's well done, enjoyed it. Couple of things that could improve it, imho:

agree that the VO, vows at the beginning beg to see the Groom's face,
felt it going to a fun part, underwear, etc, a bit too soon,
just a touch of overexposure compensation of some shots could be of help.

Otherwise it's a very solid piece,
and considering it's an SDE, a great job!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques