DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Projector for SDE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/235563-projector-sde.html)

Jason LeFrense May 18th, 2009 08:57 AM

Projector for SDE

Hey Folks, Just wondering what type of projectors people are using to show their "SDE's"
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Anthony Vu May 18th, 2009 09:18 AM

I think you need to specify more about your question.

Are you showing in SD or HD. And if your showing in HD. 720 or 1080. There is a significant price difference between the two.

I currently use Epson's PowerLite Home Cinema 720 Projector.
It's one of the cheaper 720 projectors. But I do have a problem carrying that things around. It is NOT the smallest projector.

They definitely make smaller HD projectors now, but they are not cheap. Then you have to carry an extra bulb with you too. The last thing you want is showing movies and your bulb goes out.

Anthony

Susanto Widjaja May 18th, 2009 11:10 AM

I also would like to know about this..

I have done some research and I found that the two most important things to consider are the contrast ration and brightness lumens. is this correct?

How much are we looking at to buy a decent SD projector? or are we better of just buying the HD ready straight away?

Santo

Anthony Vu May 18th, 2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1144787)
I also would like to know about this..

I have done some research and I found that the two most important things to consider are the contrast ration and brightness lumens. is this correct?

How much are we looking at to buy a decent SD projector? or are we better of just buying the HD ready straight away?

Santo

I honestly think HD is the way to go, but your looking at at least USD1000 upwards to USD2000. And no one is saying "We should go back to SD instead of HD."

You do have to consider your contrast ratio and the lumens it can produce. If you project in a room that is a bit brighter, your darks will look bad and all your details will be lost.

This is a great website for more projectors:
Projectors, Projector Reviews, LCD Projectors, Home Theater DLP Projectors at ProjectorCentral.com

Anthony

Jason LeFrense May 18th, 2009 02:12 PM

Sorry I assumed everyone is shooting HD now so basically all I wanted was to know what types of projectors people were using. I will know the SD the shooters from their projectors they are using.

Jason Robinson May 18th, 2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason LeFrense (Post 1144915)
Sorry I assumed everyone is shooting HD now ...

heh... yeah, some of us have a client base that is still 10yrs behind the tech curve. :-/

Noel Lising May 19th, 2009 07:50 AM

It is also important to note that most venues still use projection screens with the 4:3 format, so if you are planning to project HD, you must make sure the screen can accomodate the 16:9 format.

If you can control lighting (ie. you can dim the lights, etc), even a 2000 Lumen projector can do the work. DLP gives truer color than LCD projectors but they are quite expensive, but for weddings LCD would do just fine.