Anybody know of such a beast? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Anybody know of such a beast?

Looking for a printer/copier/scanner/disc printer that is also wireless.

Got close with a Canon MP620 until I realised that it does not have disc printing. It's bigger brother the MP630 does...but NOT wirelss only bluetooth, which I understand only has a limited range?

Any other contenders?

Sorry for this not being that wedding related. Sure it will be of interest though.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #2
New Boot

It looks like Epson do a couple, of which this is the cheapest (£195.73 from the website).

James
James Henley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Major Player

I suggest being very weary of Epson.

I have an R220 which works almost flawlessly and easily uses non-OEM ink cartridges from ebay.

I also have two RX595's. The 595's use the Claria ink from Epson. One 595 sat in the unopened box as a spare, the other I used. That is until the ink ran out. It was using the original ink cartridges that came with it. I opened the other box containing number 2 so I could use those ink cartridges in number 1.

Although the cartridges are genuine epson and brand new, the 1st 595 would not recognize the cartridges. After searching the web for "epson ink cartridges not recognized", I found thatthis is a widespread problem with epsons nowadays. I even hooked up number 2 and got the same error message for the ink cartridges.

I still use the scanner part. That works good. But the printer is now useless. I won't buy epson in the future.

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques