Advice/Tips on Multicamera Shoot of Live Music Event at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Advice/Tips on Multicamera Shoot of Live Music Event

Hi,

My name is Nadia. I am doing my first multi-camera shoot this week for a live band and I have several questions. I am very new to videography of this sort.

We are using two Canon XL2s and a Panasonic HV-LX. We are thinking of using one Canon will be used for an extreme wide shot and the other will be on one side. The Panasonic we are using for tighter shots.

The lighting isn't super in this space, but because the audience's tables/sections are surrounded by water, we do not have space to set up additional lights and our cameras will be placed on the second floor seating area and in the very back of the first floor.

My main concern is: a) getting enough coverage of the event; b) getting crisp, clean footage from the Canons. In light of that, here are my questions:

1) What settings would you recommend for low-light, indoor shoot on the Canon XL-2? I want to get the footage as crisp looking as possible.

2) For the Canon XL2 camera that will be taking an extreme wide shot, what lens would you recommend?

3) Although the disparity between the Canons and the Panasonic is a given, are there any settings that you can recommend that would alleviate this? Or techniques in terms of shooting?

Last, if there is a space on the forum to post pictures of the space, I can do that too. Here is a link to pictures the place itself has taken, though they are very stylised and don't quite reflect the conditions I will be shooting under: galapagos art space.com

Any advice or tips would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Nadia
Nadia Awad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques