Stock20.com - Complete Library Sale for ~$180 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Trustee

Stock20.com - Complete Library Sale for ~$180

I've been keeping an eye on Stock20.com because they have a theme I really like and eventually want to use. I just got an email that they are having a sale that goes up to 50% off everything. But then the guy who sent the emails accidentally listed the priced as 1/2 of the 1/2 off price. So essentially he is having a 75% off sale and he sent a followup email telling that he would expand the sale to his whole library purchase too (~$180).

So if you are interested in getting a lot of music, or even a few songs, just head over to Stock20.com (I'm not affiliated in any way with them, other than wanting to move away from using copyrighted music and use more of this kind of royalty free music).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Stock20 music

Just to add to Jason's praise, I've been using Stock20's music for a while now. (I do have their entire collection, which was also bought at a huge discount :)

I've only used their music on one wedding (for a family friend; weddings aren't our forte), but the variety and the production value of the tracks are simply georgous. We've used it for all sorts of project, like documentaries, training videos, commercials, and promo DVDs.

Best,
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I don't see the option to buy it at ~180, only the 349. I'm guessing it's still a good deal, but i'll play through some of the songs first though. Still, thanks for the link! Hopefully it's a good resource for tracks!
Eric Pasarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Discount offer?

Hi Jason,

Was the discount offer for folks who've already bought music from Stock20 and just want to complete their collection?

Or as you wrote earlier, it was a "discount mistake" sent by Stock20? Did they send you a coupon code?

I also went to their site, and can only see the "regular" price for the collection.

Can you clarify, as I've one member ask me if I have a coupon code.

Thanks,
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo View Post
Was the discount offer for folks who've already bought music from Stock20 and just want to complete their collection?

Or as you wrote earlier, it was a "discount mistake" sent by Stock20? Did they send you a coupon code?
My mistake, there is a coupon code. I'll look it up in my email (after I place my order for the full catalog). :-)
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Trustee

Ok, having just purchased their entire library for $174.50, I'll provide the details. :-)

This is the link I received in my email which includes an embedded coupon code.

I hope the owner of Stock20 would like more sales because I strongly encourage you to just buy everything. There is a lot of music there (~150 unique songs with several cuts of each song for 60sec, 30sec, 15sec, stingers, etc).

For weddings, they do have several of the standard wedding tunes, but their quality (oddly enough) is not quite as good as Cinescore's versions, so I'd use Cinescore's version instead. HOWEVER, Stock20 has what Cinescore doesn't, and that is a lot of variety with out cheap sounding Midi (which much of Cinescore has).
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Major Player

Jason,

So bar none, this is a hell of a deal? I'm about to jump on it and use it for some corporate projects but I would just like a resounding YAY or NAY. How many tracks total did you get for $175? 158 right?

Thanks
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Panado View Post
Jason,

So bar none, this is a hell of a deal? I'm about to jump on it and use it for some corporate projects but I would just like a resounding YAY or NAY. How many tracks total did you get for $175? 158 right?

Thanks
158 song-themes - over 1,600 tracks (variations based on time or content) shipped on 6 DVDs + everything is download-able.

I bought it because honestly if I find about 5 tracks that I can use, then it is a good deal (compared to other sources), and given that there are 158 tracks, I'm probably going to find more than that. The quality is also very dang good. Go see for yourself and check out the library they have to offer. It is WAAAAAY less "techno, electronica, ambient" centered than the Cinescore theme library. It has actual music in many genres.

I jsut wish there was a "DL everything" button. Instead I either wait for the data DVDs to be shipped to me or DL each theme/song individually (ugh x 158!)
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks for sharing this great info Jason - have just purchased the entire library & looking forward to using it soon.

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Major Player

have just purchased mine.. its a bargain after the 50% sale..

thanks jason!
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja View Post
have just purchased mine.. its a bargain after the 50% sale..

thanks jason!
Dang, I need to be set up as an affiliate or something. I need a cut of this action. :-)

Glad to hear some people are jumping at the chance. If the see all these references coming to their website from DVINfo then hopefully they will realize the demand and keep making music available for us. It is a mutually beneficial relationship!
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #12
Trustee

I almost forgot, if you buy the complete library then you get the new tracks released after your purchase as 85% off (according to the web site). So once you buy everything you get all the new stuff at a steep discount too.
Old June 25th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #13
Major Player

Hi Folks,

Here's an email reply from Daniel (owner of Stock20):

Jeff, thanks for your kind words on the forum.

You are correct about the discount.

Here is the "complete production library" product:
Complete Production Library : Stock20.com, Broadcast Quality Royalty Free Production Music * $20/song

Here is the discount coupon that gets you a 50% discount (bringing it down to $175).
Stock20 - Please Wait...
I'm going to keep it active for a few more days (it's been *very* well received).

If someone has already licensed more than 43 songs from Stock20, it would be smarter to use our "Complete Me" feature. It allows customers to upgrade their libraries for $3/song-theme (as long as they are bringing it up to complete). With the discount coupon it's $1.50/song-theme.
Complete Me : Stock20.com, Broadcast Quality Royalty Free Production Music * $20/song

Thanks again for writing about us. I'm a proud member of the DVinfo.net forum. It's a great group of people and it's been an invaluable resource for my production work.

-Daniel

Thanks to Jason for starting this thread, letting us know about the discount, and introducing folks to Stock20 music. And just like Jason I hope to receive royalty checks in the mail soon :)

Best,
Old June 25th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Major Player

Alrighty, about to pull the trigger.

Jason, so what was the 75% off figure you were talking about earlier?
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #15
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Panado View Post
Alrighty, about to pull the trigger.

Jason, so what was the 75% off figure you were talking about earlier?
My mistake. I was thinking the initial email sent by the owner of Stock20.com referenced a 50% sale but quoted a price that was 50% of 50% (aka 75% off). But that was not the case.

In any case, at $180 for al the songs, it is a good deal (especially since you can DL the songs you want while you wait for the DVDs with the whole library).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques