Stock20.com - Complete Library Sale for ~$180 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
My mistake. I was thinking the initial email sent by the owner of Stock20.com referenced a 50% sale but quoted a price that was 50% of 50% (aka 75% off). But that was not the case.

In any case, at $180 for al the songs, it is a good deal (especially since you can DL the songs you want while you wait for the DVDs with the whole library).
Very true.

I'm digging quite a bit of the songs. Perfect for DVD menus and processionals ;). Thanks again for the heads up!.
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:17 PM   #17
Trustee

First use of Stock20.com library

I took a little vacation day after a paid shoot day up in McCall Idaho, so I decided to shoot some stock footage (never know if it will sell or not). This is some of that stock footage combined with some shaky hand held footage (I wasn't about to backpack in with a tripod, MultiRigPro, & mics).

I'm digging these Stock20.com tracks!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #18
Trustee

Sample Production from Stock20.com

In case anyone is interested, I submit this completely for fun production I made after a commercial shoot & stock footage hunting trip. Music thanks to my purchase of the whole Stock20.com library (hence inclusion in this thread).
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #19
Major Player

Dang... wish I had seen this sale earlier! Looks like it's back to $350!
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Cavett View Post
Dang... wish I had seen this sale earlier! Looks like it's back to $350!
Sorry to hear that. I had been eyeing their library for probably a year or more so when I saw the price I knew it was a great deal and I jumped (and so did a lot of other people apparently).
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM   #21
Trustee

Just a bump to this thread. If you purchased the complete Stock20.com library back when I made this initial thread (or any other time), Daniel Rudd (composer/owner) has released on Jan 10th another 1/2dozen great tracks and if you use the code in your email you can complete the library for a very very reasonable price.

And if you haven't purchased the complete library (I suggest the Hard drive option) then you really should just buy it. Period. Even if you use may be 3 tracks, I think the terms, the selection, and the convenience (except for a few small problems) is completely worth it.

Just doing my part to keep Daniel writing & recording great music for me to use. :-) Spread the word.

Last edited by Jason Robinson; February 3rd, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM   #22
Major Player

Somebody message me if they want to sell their library or if goes back to the $180!
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM   #23
Major Player

Tagging for myself for later use.... I'm always looking for music!!
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Langerak View Post
Somebody message me if they want to sell their library or if goes back to the $180!
Their whole library is for sale, and (since this is a business) I assume they always want to sell it. :-) But currently the price is $350.... and I know I bought it when it was $180, but that was a one time promotional. I still think that at $350, it is a great deal. I've used their music on now three commercial productions and a few personal ones (weddings) and other than lacking good vocal tracks, it is a pretty well rounded library getting better each year.

They have a related site specifically for vocal tracks called Red Beard Music but I don't recommend them. I don't like the 1/yr limitation on the licensing (????), only 10 DVDs? And from their FAQ "mass distribution, broadcast, or motion pictures are not allowed." This makes them virtually useless if I want to make product demonstration DVDs or virtually any commercial of any kind.

Red Beard Music is NOT royalty free music when you look at it.... and I'm frankly not too impressed with the license OR the library available so far, but I hope they continue to expand both because may be I'll have a client that could use one of their works somewhere down the road. Just adding vocals seems to have inflated their identity. I'm not sure why. It isn't like vocalists are "more professional" than a pro studio musician recording tracks. They just kind of confuse me with this new offering.

About the only positive side I can find on Red Beard is that they know their target market, slide shows & weddings. And that pretty much is the only kind of music they have available.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:55 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter View Post
Tagging for myself for later use.... I'm always looking for music!!

Good idea! I'll join you...
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
It isn't like vocalists are "more professional" than a pro studio musician recording tracks. They just kind of confuse me with this new offering.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Stock 20 music is created by just one person? Plus, there are artists like Michelle Featherstone at Red Beard Music who has been featured on shows like Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, One Tree Hill, and others. Go to her Wikipedia page, there are a bunch listed.

I can certainly understand how an artist like that would require a bigger fee than the Stock 20 library.

I purchased the Stock 20 library a while ago and love it. Not only is the music perfect for what I needed it for, but they send the entire thing on 6 DVDs that sit on my bookshelf, and I can download everything from the site if I'm away from home. It is truly worth the money.
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #27
Trustee

There are several tracks on stock20.com that are not just instrumentals where voice licks and riffs are used and it isn't just a male voice, so I know that more than a few people are involved in the production of those tracks.

Regarding the popularity of the music on RedBeard, I do not know of the popularity.... I just know that the selection is .... growing and the license terms are unfriendly for anything but less than 10 DVDs. I'm sure the vocalists think their talent is worth a lot of money, but why such drastic (and restrictive) license differences? Stock20.com is fantastic because it if different AND high quality. Redbeard is not different and the selection is not necessarily impressive.

But, just because I am sour on their restrictions & selection, doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. By all means, check them out if you have to have vocal tracks.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques