Audio help.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 27th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Audio help....

I had the groom miced up with digital recorder during the vows. This worked great for him and the bride. Crystal clear... The only problem is that 2 helicopters were landing during the time of their vows. Is there anything I can do to reduce the background noise. The helicopter noise is a little annoying.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Trustee

What software do you have available? Adobe Soundbooth or Adobe Audition have great noise reduction tools that can fairly easily remove repetitive noise.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Trustee

If you're cutting in FCS, Soundtrack Pro has a decent noise reduction tool as well... if you don't have any of those, audacity is free and has a pretty good noise reduction filter.

These all work by selecting a slice of just the background noise and applying an inverse waveform of that sound against the rest of the audio which should wave cancel that particular sound out of the soundscape... the drawback is that if the frequencies overlap with the voices, they'll eat into them a bit and it'll sound kind of warbly around the edges.

@chris: howdy Neighbor!
Old June 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Major Player

thanks guys... I have FCS. I've used audacity in the past with mediocre results. I'll give it another shot.

steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques