soundtrack pro and your captured audio. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 25th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #1
Major Player

soundtrack pro and your captured audio.

So I'm posting this in the wedding forum because I know alot of you guys use digital voice recorders to capture your audio over long periods of time therefore encountering drift.

I use olympus WS-311m and WS-210s voice recorders and I'm trying to synch a ceremony and for certain reasons I'm not really able to synch now i usually do (which is by stretching according to how many frames I want it to be)

So what I'm wondering is if anyone knows if I can timestretch audio in STP based on a percent? like say I have found that my recorders drift 1% over a period of 1 hour, assuming my ceremony is half hour then I can time stretch it by .5% and it should be more or less fine.

Is this possible with the time stretch function in STP?

thanks folks.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Major Player

hmm I suppose my lack of responses indicates that it's not possible
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Trustee

David - I tend to do the adjustment within FCP itself. Usually with my Olympus recorders I set the speed to 100.13 give or take .01 and they generally match up well then. Give it a try and see if that works for you. If you're shooting in 24p, then try 99.87 +/-.01

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Major Player

hmm I may give that a try, my problem is that the more I do speed adjust and undos and things on the same clip in the timeline it gets messed up and the clip does strange things within itself.

it's quite a mystery to me.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques