Camera Positions When You're Limited By Officiant - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 30th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Bescor has a remote head-runs off one of their batterys - can carry 6 pounds (IIRC) they have 50 foot extension cables available and is only $130.00 or there abouts.
For a small lightweight camera that you need to control but can't put your hands on this seems like a viable solution (along with a decent monitor to be able to see with of course)
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #17
Trustee

Don

That looks very much like the same article.

I should have mentioned before that the need for radio control stems from a) the distances involved in some of our UK churches and b) the concern public places have for our Draconian "'elf 'n safety laws" c) to a lesser extent the time taken to gather up long extensions. If you're bothered by none of these the controls could be much simpler and less expensive.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #18
Inner Circle

yeah sometime ago I seem to recall a wireless remote head with a monitor. IIRC the monitor and control for the head seemed to resemble a laptop. Maybe it was but I also recall it was pretty costly but it really seemed to work.
Again this was sometime ago and I don't remember the name but it was built in the US and I think it was in the southeast states (North or South Carolina maybe) by a very small company-and people swore by the thing. I should have gotten one back then. :-(

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques