wedding videography contract samples at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

wedding videography contract samples

My wife and I are about to open the doors on our small wedding videography business, and we need to have a working contract finished in the next 20 days. I'm somewhat conversant (albiet in an amateurish way) with contract law and what it takes for a contract to be legally binding, but I'm not sure exactly what to include in a (specifically) wedding videography contract. What precautions should we take in writing this thing? I've downloaded several contracts from different videography companies across the web, but only one that I found would hold up in court (and then only flimsily). They're just too thin and wimpy to protect anyone. I don't want to scare brides away with a 10-page document, but I do want to be covered legally.

Perhaps some of you who've been doing this for awhile could post a link to contracts you've used?

Dunno if anyone would be willing to do so, but it would be most heartily appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke D

PS---I will of course be checking with an attorney before publishing the final contract, but any advice/samples you could provide would still be invaluable.
Luke Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Major Player

contract

*****I'm somewhat conversant (albiet in an amateurish way) with contract law and what it takes for a contract to be legally binding, but I'm not sure exactly what to include in a (specifically) wedding videography contract.******

Luke, just having them sign and date it is enough to leagally bind them in court to your contract, even if it is poorly writen. However, having an attorney double check it is a good idea.

BTW- I make all my clients pay at the day of the wedding in full or I dont tape(in my contract). Good luck.

John
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

check/search the business thread mate, ive throw up some some indepth samples :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I will help you...

Luke,

Send me an email if you want, and I will share one of mine.
After all, some one helped me out about 5 years ago and I like to return favors to newcomers on the market.

Kathy

kathy@katchvideo.com
Kathy Kegley-Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:12 PM   #5
Wrangler

Kathy,

Couldn't help but comment on your offer. You exemplify the spirit of helping that this forum is noted for. Thanks for being a member!

regards,

Greg B.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques