Presenting finished product at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #1
New Boot

Presenting finished product

How do you guys present your finished product? What kind of DVD case? What kind of printing......do you do it yourself or have a printer do it?
Cary Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Major Player

I design my dvd labels and inserts using memorex expressit software and convert to PDF. Then I take the Memorex paper over to my local Staples and have them print off the PDF files onto the labels that I supplied. This costs $0.50 per sheet and is a much better alternative than the $400 canon multifunction printer I use at home. The ink quality is much better (from their $7,000 machine) and I don't have to fiddle with refilling my ink as much. Some people use disc printers to print directly on to the discs, which is a nice option for those not wanting to use labels. But my clients have been impressed thus far with my finished products.
Michael Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Disc: at home, direct print
case label: at Office Depot or any other

is cheaper and better quality.
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Major Player

TDK watershield hub printable DVDs printed with my HP Photosmart C5280.
Cases vary, usually from Top Flight Albums. I don't want the standard plastic DVD case so I usually go with a nice leather DVD folio. Most of the time the covers I design myself usually come out cheesy and cheap looking.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Major Player

I design a case in Photoshop, print to glossy photo paper on an Epson R200. Discs are watershield type Taiyo's printed with the same printer. Cases are typically Amaray plastic, but I'm looking for better/greener alternatives. Loktah makes beautiful paper/hemp/natural cases, but they are a bit pricey.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Inner Circle

i use TY watershield DVDs and have made the move to Jewelcasing cases. I design using their template in Photoshop and I gotta say they look really really good.
Previously, I used cases by Polyline and used glossy photopaper to custom design the covers in Photoshop. They were a bit easier to do and a bit less expensive but hey, it's my name on the product. IMO it's worth a couple extra bucks and a little extra time.
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Epson 680 good choice

Use Epson 680 direct print on Printable media, clear case Uline. No need for labels on case because image from disc show thru the case. Neal Enterprise for Higher end copy, they have some real nice presentation cases.

Labels can cause DVD foul ups and DVD imbalance, how do I know? I reprint 200 because of this mistake 10 years ago never have used a label since then.

You can also use Disc Makers and use a generic label on the disc.
Walt Paluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #8
Trustee

I just picked this up on sale just for printing DVD - and love the results for the price.

Epson Artisan 50 Ink Jet Printer, Overview - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques