Contract at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 14th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Contract

I am looking for a basic videography wedding contract. I've searched the internet and has no luck. California lawyers are too expensive. I do not know of any wedding videography in my area. Help! Anyone out there willing to share or can give me a site link to visit.

Thanks.
Danny Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2004, 06:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Videouniversity sells a book and CD package with ten sample wedding contracts as described at http://www.videouniversity.com/wedbook.htm. Do a Google search and you'll find other similar offerings.

My advice would be to start with basic common sense: make a list of all the legal and business concerns you can think of as a videographer, and then write those up using clear and precise wording. One thing to watch out for though is not to end up with a contract so imposing that no one will want to sign it: the videographer for my wedding gave us one like that and I made him tone it down a little. I try to keep my own contract as simple as possible with a description of what I'm going to do, how much I'm charging, a disclaimer that my liability is limited and a statement that I maintain copyright to the video and am allowed to use it for promotional purposes. You may also want to state that you're not liable for "errors & omissions," but be careful how you say that because that's the sort of thing which can be a real turn-off to customers.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Kevin. I will buy the book.

Yes, I agree with you. Keep it simple so not to intimidate prospective customers.
Danny Santos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques