My second wedding (24p). at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:54 PM   #1
New Boot

My second wedding (24p).

I'm happy to announce that I've just finished up my second
wedding. Constructive feedback is certainly welcome.

This is the music montage of the ceremony.

Admin's note: link removed by request on 3 Mar 2005.

Ray Boykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

pretty good

Was auto focus in, it seemed like some wierd focusing was happening. Also some motion is good, but it gets to busy with all the pans and such. Ovarall good job
Kevin Foristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #3
Inner Circle

dude a bit of warning about the black screen would have been nice.. i almost shit my pants.

its always an idea to allow the viewer to manipulate the playback options as opposed to running a full screen metafile within ur stream.

Needless to say, i didnt watch it due to this, but im sure it was good.

Id prefer to download a file from a URL.. its much safer :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #4
Major Player

I was a nice piece. It looked like you had very good b roll to work with and the day turned out nice.

I don't like the style of ceremony production where you are in front of the guests. I feel that it can be done just as well from behind the guests (stage the ring shots later if you want them).

I really liked that first dance in blue. Wow! Where did they do the reception dance that it had just the floor lit and the audience was in black? It looked like a dance for video rather than a video of a dance. Nice.

Editing wise I felt like you could have told more of the day. Sound bites and other b roll shots may have added to it a bit more. But you show the pre ceremony, the ceremony, and one dance. What happened the rest of the time? Did they have a cake? Bridesmaids? Stuff like that.

Overall it shows that you spent some time before, during, and after the shoot to make it look good. The client should be very happy with it. Nice work.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:15 PM   #5
New Boot

for what its worth...

ray:

the first scene with the sign is out of frame, and you cannot make out the bottom portion.

you depicted a very nervous and smoking groom who sighed when the best man put his hand on his shoulder.

then we have some shots of what appears to be a motorcycle rider holding a camcorder zooming past the back of the crowd at 100 mph...

i think autofocus might have been on because there were a great deal of blurred out of focus shots of tree branches.

the faces were very difficult to view when they were dancing in that barn, and the hug and backrub shot repeated four times.

other then that, i thought it was great. better then i could do after two weddings.

all the best.

john
John Greco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques