Wedding Ceremony Audio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #16
Trustee

That's disgraceful behaviour! I've had registrars purposely stand in front of cameras but that's extreme.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #17
Inner Circle

The worst one I have worked with was, they won't allow any camera or camcorder goes inside. We all have to shoot from the last row of seat through the glass. Then their people will purposely stand next to your camera to chat.

They said the altar is a santaury and so no camera or camcorders can be allowed inside while the ceremony is on-going. However, all the rules will be relaxed if the wedding couple will pay for the church video service video taping in the balcony. Then you can walk inside to take video during the service.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM   #18
Trustee

Just to go back to the question of pacemakers and radio mics, I've just got a new portable phone and has a section devoted to implanted medical devices which would cover radio mics and pacemakers. It echoes the caution in my initial piece.

Good luck
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Inner Circle

On the subject of pacemakers - this information may be interesting reading.

Bearing in mind that the maximum output power of a GSM mobile is 2W, and comparing it to the maximum licensed output of a UHF transmitter pack at 50mW does indicate radio mics are not going to cause the same problem. I cannot however, find any testing carried out with radio microphones. To use the mobile phone data is not satisfactory - even though they work in similar bands. It is worth noting that if moving the cell phone away 15cm is deemed acceptable, then even 50mW could indeed have a field strength worth thinking about?

The medical data relating to mobiles and the response on pacemakers is reproduced here.

Cellular phones
Mobile or cellular phones may interact with PM function by inhibiting the pacing output, asynchronous pacing and ventricular triggering [18,19]. When the antenna is located near the pulse generator header, interaction may occur very easily. Hayes DL et al [20] published a landmark article which was a clinical, multicenter study comparing the effects and interaction of different cellular phones with PM. A total of 980 patients were included into the study. The incidence of all types of interference was 20%. Ventricular tracking of signals sensed on the atrial channel, noise reversion and inhibition of ventricular output were the most commonly observed types of interference. The incidence of overall clinical significant interference was 6.6 %. There was no clinically significant interference when the phone was placed in the normal position over the ear. Interference that was definitely clinically significant occurred in only 1.7 % of tests and only when the phone was held over the pacemaker. Interference was more common in dual chamber systems (25.3 %) than in single chamber systems (6.8 %) and in digital telephones (24%) compared to analog telephones (3 %). Patients who are PM dependent should use an analog type cellular phone system. Carrying the phone on the same side of the body as the implanted PM may cause interference. When using the phone, it should be held at least 15 cm away from the PM and on the opposite ear.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:54 AM   #20
Inner Circle

I also witness another event in the same location. the photograher got yelled at after he rush in to take some photos right after the officiant introduce the newly wedded. The same church
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #21
Trustee

I have an almost identical setup to Don (same model UHF system even) and that is how I run it. One cam gets discrete channels for hte wireless (1 mic on groom 1 mic on pastor). Cam 2 gets shotgun. Cam three has no mic in so it is ambient. And I occasionally am able to run sound board feed to my MiniDisc recorder.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #22
Major Player

I'm also a minister and officiate often as well. Once a B&G told me they had the PA covered, and when I showed up it was a pink "Barbie and the Rockers" amplifier on a chair!!!

Anyway, we use three cams. Both groom and officiant are mic'd with Zoom H2 recorders, and my wife and I communicate w/ each other using wireless lapels. We mic the PA with a third Zoom on a stand, as Don once recommended to me.

I have a 2 channel Audio Technica wireless, and am considering starting to use it on the officiant instead of a Zoom. I'm just really nervous about interference. On the flip side I'm tired of wrongly estimating how loud the officiant will be and not being able to monitor him.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques