need fireworks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 14th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1
Major Player

need fireworks

Anyone know where I could get a 10sec clip of fireworks with audio? It'll literally save my long form ceremony piece.

thanks,
Scott
Scott Brickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Particle Illusion ;)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I have some footage for you...

... if you don't mind seeing some of the Indianapolis skyline in the frame. These are NTSC AVI clips. Just stock I shot for fun when trying out a camcorder. It's not bad looking, but not the best. Send me an e-mail if you want a frame grab.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 03:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Film the fourth and then put what you need in your clips and set the compositing mode to 'screen'

It's just unfortunate that OP needs the clips now.
Jeremy Rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Scott,

Still looking? I've got some 'works in the works if you want. DVX in progressive mode.
Jesse Rosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:50 AM   #6
Major Player

Yes, still looking. T.J. has something, but the more options the better. Need audio and video, something explosive and celebratory. :)

thanks,
Scott
Old February 19th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I shot the Macy's Fireworks from my terrace last year. Sony PD150 4:3 Mini DV

But since I had people watching with me I didn't record any sound.

Here's a link to about a minute of the footage. If you want it I can upload the native file to my server for you.

http://www.roaddoggz.com/client_work/firework/fireworks.php

the video is Windows Media.

Of course an easier way would be to download a demo copy of Particle Illusion and create your own fireworks.

E-mail me
Stephen Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #8
Wrangler

Scott,

I have some fireworks on tape with sound. How much footage do you need? I should clarify that these are from our own annual fireworks display. They are the largest non-commercial ones we can get. Will send you a sample if you like. You can decide if you want more and at full resolution. Anything to help a fellow DV INFO member.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #9
Major Player

Thanks you guys,
I'm looking for around 10sec of fireworks madness with audio. Stephen's was the right idea, but no audio. Greg, maybe you could send me a sample. Who knows, maybe I could combine the two.

Particle Illusions would work for the video, but what's the audio equivalent for creating the noise?

OK, true confessions time. I was working with a friend of the B & G, who showed up about 10s before the ceremony began, so I was unable to tell him to just let the tape roll. So the pastor sez "you may now kiss your bride" and I'm running back to catch the wedding party on the way out, and the guy hits the button, so his tape as a gap, and my video is all over the place for 5-10 sec until I finally got a steady shot up front. I thought I could do a quick cut-away to the fireworks to fill the gap.

I normally would use Excalibur to sync two long clips of the entire ceremony, but this time had to sync each shorter clip after the guy hit the button. It wasn't as tedious and time consuming as I thought, once I put my head down and drove into it. Syncing using the audio worked pretty well. But I be glad when it's done.

thanks for the help,
Scott
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #10
Inner Circle

did u get the kiss at all?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:27 PM   #11
Major Player

I did just catch a wide shot of the tail end of it. It would be good enough to fade into from the fireworks.

Scott
Scott Brickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques