"Family Announcement Video" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 24th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #16
Major Player

Hey Jesse,

Terrific job - nice camerawork, editing, and overall package!

How did you incorporate the AE work with Vegas? Did you work on just that one light-pen clip in Vegas, render out, and then just use that clip in Vegas?
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks Bill,

Yep that's pretty much what I did. I knew I wanted to put effects on specific clips so I brought those into AE first, rendered those out of AE, and edited them into the piece in Vegas.

Lately i've been using alpha channels alot with AE and Vegas. If I am creating text or an effect that sits on top of a video clip, I'll just render the effect out of AE with an alpha and then position it above the appropriate clip in Vegas. This allows me to change the video portion easily without re-rendering. Also saves a step of compression on the video.

peace
jesse
Jesse Rosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Rosten
Editing time - hmm, don't remember. Probably 6 hours total. But, with every project I do, I obsess with it for a week or so. So it may take me a couple hours to get the main edit done, but I come back and tweak little things for the next coouple days. And watch it over and over. Does anyone else do this?
wow, guilty as charged. that's pretty much how i edit. i probably put about 30 hours of editing into a wedding dvd, for instance, but it's all spread out over weeks, and i edit in spurts.

excellent piece! it's very well done!
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #19
Major Player

Jesse,

I'm glad you posted here. I have watched (and studied) every clip on your site. But this is my favorite. You do beautiful work man.

Furthermore, this particular clip gave me the inspiration for a personal video I did for the birth of my second son last month. Here's my chance to say thanks.

Thanks.
Jason
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #20
Major Player

Jesse,

For the announcement video, there are two distinct "looks" to it - a warm, filmic look for the first 1:15 or so (which I loved), and then a very "video-y" look when they yell "We're pregnant!" Was the difference due to in-camera settings or post-processing color tweaks (or both)?
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:43 AM   #21
Major Player

Bravo! What a great way to let friends and family know...keep up the great work and thanks for posting it.
Vin
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #22
Major Player

Awesome work! That was great video. I thought it was a commercial at first.

You said the light drawing and ending were done with AE... how did you do the smoke at the end? I imagine it's easy, but I don't know. I've really been thinking about buying AE, and the way you integrated the AE graphics so they looked like part of the story, not added just because you can, impressed me.

Very nicely done!

Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Bill,

Hmm... I never noticed that before, but going back and viewing it again I'd agree... those "we're pregnant" clips seems a little on the cold side. A little CC would probably take care of that. I did this video a while ago so I don't recall why those particular clips got skipped with the CC.

Dan,
The effect you are referring to was done with trapcode particular. I tweaked a preset, threw on some blurs, added an matte layer, season to taste.

thanks everyone for the encouragement
Jesse Rosten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques