all 7d highlights // jc plus esther - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 17th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #16
Inner Circle

The world upside down.. getting images like that from a photocamera. that looked great (you must get tired of hearing this)

How do you handle the handheld footage, is it easy to deal with without the camera shaking to much?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #17
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja View Post
I just had a thought that having only one shooter I would most likely choose a zoom lens as my primary like a 24-70 on one cam and a 70-200 on the other. But you only had 70-200 which I think mostly just used in the ceremony and reception? it adds to the "wow" factor... that you still used the primes on most of the time.
i like the ability to shoot wider than f2.8. many cases call for something 2.8 and even higher, when you need deeper depth of field, but having options is always good. i guess it comes down to the choice in depth or the choice in focal length. i switch primes out pretty quickly, but also pre-visualize what i want and that tells me what lens to use.

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #18
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Oh.... my ... goodness. That was a fantastic edit, made even more cool by the tech bling (aka 7d).

Great use of the groom & bride reveal audio. So amazingly clear!

so essentially the 7d rocks for the visuals, but you abandon using it for audio (same problems as the 5d then?) and use an external solution that you sync in post?
yep, same issues as the 5d. being stuck with auto gain is just too much for us. syncing in post is a pain, but i do love the clarity.

P.
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #19
Still Motion

matt,

if i did my job right, nobody would. you can certainly benefit from having two viewpoints, two perspectives, and my goal was to organize myself in a way to achieve that, but with only one person.

louis,

i left bride prep to shoot the groom, and then came back for her putting her dress on.

noa,

we don't shoot anything truly handheld. the rolling shutter appears to be less but we still use a monopod or shoulder rig.

P.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I just got back from a wedding in Toronto I shot and I was talking to someone in the video business and he had nothing but the best things to say about Stillmotion, after watching some of the previews I now know why.

Great work!
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #21
Major Player

HI,

is that onboard (ehm... "on camera") audio recording?

Regards

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors View Post
HI,

is that onboard (ehm... "on camera") audio recording?

Regards

Uli
No, if you look at the details he is using all off camera audio recording devices and microphones.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Just read on another bbs that the 7D has severe overheating issues. anybody have this problem?

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques