Software to run your Wedding Video Business - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 9th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your post. I can see the difference now thank you. The particular project I am working on is essentially an application which runs locally and not on a webserver. No continued subscriptions costs with also a tight intergration to your website and email.

In a nutshell, the application will run all aspect's of your business under one hood. Josh's post mentioned quite a number of features which would be tricky to intergrate with a web application. It's for this reason and others why we have opted to develop a local run application. Think of this project as a complete solution to your working processes from quotation through to final delivery of your product.

Will do some more research though on the Gigbuilder software.

Regards

Steven
Steven Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #17
Regular Crew

A local run application gets a thumbs up from me, much easier to quickly manage re-sort and whatnot, and not tedious for people on low speed (or low ping) connections. (Personally dialup is the fastest available option in my area, so it’s a particular concern)

I'm excited about this project; it would be very nice to switch to a real tool for this purpose.

Robert: heh, $6,500 is just a little bit out of my price range. but for your server based software I think you might do better re-tooling it, setting up a good server for it and selling subscriptions and accounts for the service to individuals, as while I have a personal server but I bet I'm in the minority, those with paid hosting might find asp to be a pricy extra or find no support at all.
Josh Hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #18
Skyonic New York

i'm sure your right...how much would you pay for a subscription to that kind of service?
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #19
Regular Crew

As promised previously. I can confirm that the forums for the project are now live. This gives everyone the chance to now become interactive with the project.

http://www.ringsonfingers.com

Many thanks

Steven Salmon
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Salmon
As promised previously. I can confirm that the forums for the project are now live. This gives everyone the chance to now become interactive with the project.

http://www.ringsonfingers.com

Many thanks

Steven Salmon
Is this still live?
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Hi Steven

No the actual site is not available as the project has been moved from a code name to an official name although the website is presently down. The project is still moving forward and I was hoping to have a Beta version available for Christmas but it has been delayed slightly. I will update the forum once I have an official release for people to download.

Please do keep the ideas coming through.

Many thanks

Steven Salmon
Old December 31st, 2005, 11:33 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Salmon
my next development project which is the creation of a Windows Application to run Wedding Videography businesses.
It is with experience and great skepticsm that I question this "one-shoe-fits-all-sized-feet" approach to such a narrow vertical market where we all most likely manage our accounts differently.

This type of software would have to be developed with so much flexibility in order to accomodate all the varying styles of business practices out there among videographers that it would just end up as another front end to a DBMS. (All in my humble opinion of course).
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 11:46 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Hi Rick, could not agree more with your comments. I spent months and months talking to many videographers about how their workflow works. Many were very similar and certainly where they differ will be enough flexibility. I agree that there will always be things different I have to start somewhere and hopefully an early version will open enough discussion between us to add more functionality.
Old January 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #24
David Perry

Quickbooks here too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques