Our latest sde with aerial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Our latest sde with aerial

Just sharing our latest sde with aerial videography.

http://www.vimeo.com/6681572

Last edited by Garry Garza; September 21st, 2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: wrong url
Garry Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Congratulations Gary for the WEVA awards on SDE and Photomontage!

Cheers~!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua View Post
Congratulations Gary for the WEVA awards on SDE and Photomontage!

Cheers~!
Thanks Jason!you are my team's inspiration.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Major Player

Wooooow.

Got two questions:

a) how did you shoot the "under car" scene? (cam is moving and tilted, car drives over it, cam moves even BEFORE the car has ended)
b) did you use cranes (for example the long shot in the church (carpet) ) or a stick?
c) was that a 3 cameramen shot?

Thanks and keep on making these great videos!

Uli
from Germany
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors View Post
Wooooow.

Got two questions:

a) how did you shoot the "under car" scene? (cam is moving and tilted, car drives over it, cam moves even BEFORE the car has ended)
b) did you use cranes (for example the long shot in the church (carpet) ) or a stick?
c) was that a 3 cameramen shot?

Thanks and keep on making these great videos!

Uli
from Germany
Hi Uli,

Its a two camera person shoot except the bridal walk.Yes we used camera crane to obtain birds eye view shots and for the under car scene,my father build us a lower camera tilt mechanism.I'll post my recent sde with much under car movement.

Thanks for watching!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Trustee

So much to "wow" about in there. I loved all the jib shots. Yes, some might say they are over used, but I just absolutely love how they were used!

Especially the shot that looked like a jib got run over by the limo! Did you set the camera down and the car drove over it?

The jib shots inside the cathedral are absolutely amazing. I wish 1) I had a jib and 2) that clients over here would allow us to get that kind of shots!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:12 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
So much to "wow" about in there. I loved all the jib shots. Yes, some might say they are over used, but I just absolutely love how they were used!

Especially the shot that looked like a jib got run over by the limo! Did you set the camera down and the car drove over it?

The jib shots inside the cathedral are absolutely amazing. I wish 1) I had a jib and 2) that clients over here would allow us to get that kind of shots!
Yes jason,i put my camera to a DIY under car merchanism that can tilt up and down.

Thanks for watching!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I'm sorry guys, but these videos are all starting to look the same from that neck of the woods. They are dazzling, but it looks to me like you folks are trying to out - do each other with "who has the most toys" to get a different perspective on the event. The next thing I see coming down the pike is an RC helicopter flying around INSIDE the sanctuary. It's just a matter of when and who will take that next step.

I just wish churches in the States would give us as much lattitude to move around.
Tom Sessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:44 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sessions View Post
I'm sorry guys, but these videos are all starting to look the same from that neck of the woods. They are dazzling, but it looks to me like you folks are trying to out - do each other with "who has the most toys" to get a different perspective on the event. The next thing I see coming down the pike is an RC helicopter flying around INSIDE the sanctuary. It's just a matter of when and who will take that next step.

I just wish churches in the States would give us as much lattitude to move around.
Most churches here in Hawaii wont even let us take a step once the ceremony starts. I get so jealous watching Weddings shot in the Philippines.
Kelii Grace is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques