Seminars in the UK? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 15th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Seminars in the UK?

This is basically an open letter to Glen, Joel, Randy and any of the other well-known US based wedding video professionals who are actively involved in both doing the job themselves and training other videographers or have produced training materials.

I would like to know if you have ever considered or would be interested in coming to the UK sometime in order to deliver a seminar on your particular creative wedding video techniques and methods? What I have in mind (and this is only an embryonic idea at present) is organising a well publicised and high-profile seminar that would probably be over two days and most certainly have more than one presenter. We would perhaps not only deliver talks and seminars, but also actively demonstrate those techniques to the attendees and perhaps even get them to participate. I would ensure we have major sponsorship in place and relevant equipment and tools available as well as supporting materials and promotional opportunities. I would think it's a great opportunity for some 'cross-pond' networking and a chance for us to see some of the successful methods you guys are using.

Why should I be interested in doing this? Well I am the director of the Association of Professional Videomakers here in the UK. We are one of the largest video trade organisations here in the UK representing wedding and event video makers specifically. I have admired work by a lot of the US pros and feel that there would be benefits to sharing your methods and techniques here.

The APV is currently undergoing a re-branding, re-positioning and re-establishment of the association (following my appointment as director); it has been dormant for a number of years, and early signs are very encouraging. New members are joining and ex and lapsed members are flooding back. We are shortly going to be re-launching the APV's magazine and have a wide range of initiatives and schemes that are either in operation at the moment or going to be put into place within a few months. Skills development as well as raising and maintaining standards within the industry are very important to us as well as supporting and providing services to our members, and I see this idea as one opportunity we can offer.

Let me know by posing here or by email if you prefer. steve@apv.org.uk

Please ignore the current APV website (www.apv.org.uk), it's simply built by me whilst we are waiting for our new professional site to be ready in the next few weeks.

Keep smiling, can't wait to hear from anyone interested.

Chrome
Association of Professional Videomakers (UK) www.apv.org.uk
Megalith TV www.megalith.tv
Stephen M. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Mark,

thanks ever so much for your direct reply to this post. I will be in touch with a reply very shortly. I dont know why I missed you and Trisha off the list above as I have often admired your work.

Is there anyone else who might be interested?

Chrome
Association of Professional Videomakers (UK) www.apv.org.uk
Megalith TV www.megalith.tv
Stephen M. Crawford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques