Couple sue wedding photographer ... “woefully inadequate” service - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 7th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #31
Major Player

You're onto something Dave, he's acting out. It's a cry for help. He's actually a phenomenal videographer, but there is something going on -- something just beneath the surface.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #32
Equal Opportunity Offender

He's an eagle that was raised by turkeys?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #33
Major Player

I just read this story today. It was featured in Yahoo news. Guess I shouldve check this section first and I wouldve noticed the posting (I started a new thread in OpenDV, oops!). I guess even the wrong techniques can go here.

BTW I actually booked a gig with a company called Fresh Images here in the states, wasn't a good experience.

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #34
Inner Circle

As mentioned in the Sky News report, getting a recommendation from previous clients is tremendously valuable.

Positive, favorable word-of-mouth advertising is worth its weight in gold.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #35
Major Player

And worth more than its weight in advertising!
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Did anyone catch the music in the first segment? I believe it was La Cucaracha in a musak style rendition.
Ian VanCattenburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #37
Inner Circle

As I am reminded, "But for the grace of God go I." I feel for the couple, I agree with some of the prior writers, some of the photo's can be adjusted hopefully helping things out. If that lame crap is in their final video, send me the tapes and I'll re edit probono. I think sometimes when we critique other's work that is substandard, we shouldn't forget the couple and that they had dreams that have been harmed by others who are out of their league. I recently had a bride send me her 'homeshot' video, and it was similar in terms of quality. Unfortunately the bad audio was so overwhelming, I couldn't help her.

What a sad story.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Nice one Andrew!!
On my web page I have a "pitfalls to avoid" page and always advise the bride to make sure that samples are current. Anyone can present a portfolio done in 2004 all from the one wedding that actually was OK!!!

With great publicity like that I'm sure he will have a lot of trouble getting customer number 21!!!

Chris
Hey Chris, could I look at that page?
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #39
Major Player

I feel better and yet worse

I have been super critical of my work lately and this actually made me feel better while laughing. Then as the reality of how many potential brides see work only marginally better pass for "professional" it bummed me out again.

I do believe we are in a new world of amazing wedding video but events like this getting such incredible press hits hard.
Mike Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM   #40
Regular Crew

I have watched this video clip over and over, and to me, it's appears to be someone's bad family video who's sister got married years ago who have not been able to edit out bad video.

But, this is what I keep telling myself, to rationalize that a so called professional video has been presented to a bride only recently. But I cannot rationalize it, because it is REAL, it is a very, very bad video, done by a person who has charged good money for this video. The mind boggles.
Anthony J. Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #41
Major Player

The world is full of this type of businessmen. People who think they can learn on the job. They charge equal amounts as the competition to pose as people who know what they are doing and then they screw it up. Dragging all their colleagues down into the gutter with them. Shame on them.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques