California Wedding Day Edit Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Ralph,

I'm curious to why you don't have the capability to do a WDE. The reason I ask is because a couple of years ago I felt the same way. My concerns were equipment and manpower, which I didn't have enough of either one.
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken
My concerns were equipment and manpower, which I didn't have enough of either one.
This is exactly the reason. I am brand new to this (which you will be able to tell when I finally post a clip) and I don't have the clients yet to even think of trying this. Someday I may be in a position to try it but for right now I NEED to get the fundamentals down. All in good time though everybody started somewhere.
Ralph Longo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Longo
This is exactly the reason. I am brand new to this (which you will be able to tell when I finally post a clip) and I don't have the clients yet to even think of trying this. Someday I may be in a position to try it but for right now I NEED to get the fundamentals down. All in good time though everybody started somewhere.
Hi Ralph,

I totally understand. I would not encourage you to do a WDE until you have some experience at weddings.

Many times I hear videographers tell me they can't do a WDE because they work alone, or because the reception immediatley follows the ceremony.

I know videographers that do WDE's and work alone. In our own case, the reception almost always immediately follows the ceremony. In many parts of the country there is a 2-3 hour break between the ceremony and reception, which would really help.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy because we limit ourselves by thinking, "I could never do that", or "My clients would never pay that much for something like that".

But, trust me Ralph, I do understand where you are coming from and you are right. Everybody starts somewhere. If it wasn't for the kindness of experienced videographers, I would not be doing this for a living.
Old July 5th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken
If it wasn't for the kindness of experienced videographers, I would not be doing this for a living.
Amen on this line here, I'm not doing it for a living yet but I honestly believe I will be able to in a couple of years. Ironically the photographers at the weddings I have done have been very helpfull also, I can't wait to run into a bad one. But this site gives so much information that you can get lost in it until it happens to you. So thank goodness for you guys. My mother also did wedding video probably 10 or more years ago, she has been a great help also, but she admits she would like to have had the computer capability that we enjoy today.
Ralph Longo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques