What kind of microphones do you use for the wedding ceremony? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 24th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Thank you Travis, I will definitely get one.
Alex Khachatryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #62
Regular Crew

I river's all the way. I've been using them for over a year now and I've never looked back. You can't beat the price either. Throw a squid mic on it above the shirt or under the shirt on a windy day and you're sitting pretty.
Ian VanCattenburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Looks like the DS30 has been discontinued ... :(

Would the WS-400S provide the same thing or should I get something else...
David Grinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #64
Regular Crew

I also use the Olympus DS30. It looks like B&H has it's replacement (DM-420) for about $118. I think Amazon does too.
Tom Dickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #65
New Boot

I have an Olympus LS-10 at work that I use to record board meetings and such plugged into the output of a Sure 8 port mixer...then post the audio to our web site.
Very easy to use, and great audio. Even just setting the recorder on the table during a meeting it records incredible audio, nice and deep tones, and thats on the lower setting.
I also took the recorder to a club and recorded a friends band, the recorder was about 100' from the stage and the audio actually came out pretty good!

I never thought about using it for recording weddings and such.
Whats the differance in the LS series, DS series, and WS series from a wedding recording standpoint? Big differance in prices! Also, I just purchased a Panasonic HMC150 camera, will the audio match up the same as with a DV cam?
Thanks.
-Shane
Shane Tincu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #66
Regular Crew

I'll add in my question here as well ...
Which current model would you recommend from BH Photo for use at receptions.
I am using a mac. would prefer if I didn't have to adjust audio drift if possible but have done it before so I am not too concerned. Are there any that record to 48 rather than 44 so they would sync up?
Thanks in advance!
also any links to lapel mics (or whatever you are connecting to these things) and the fuzzy covers that you know work well in windy situations would also be appreciated.
Darrick Vanderwier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Just got word that the 2 Olympus 6200-PC recorders are in as well as the lav mics I ordered with them.
I will use them on my next wedding and let everyone know my thoughts.
I would like to thank Travis for helping me think outside the box on this one b/c I had always thought we needed to have wireless mics direct to the camera etc.... What a brilliant idea!
Saved me over 1500.00 from the mics I had been looking at.
Darrick Vanderwier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #68
Regular Crew

I've used the following system for 5 years and it's been FLAWLESS. Great investment.

Samson Micro 32 Series - Camera Mountable UHF Wireless Combo System with M32 Micro Diversity Receiver, "Q" Mic/H32 Handheld Transmiter, T32 Micro Beltpack Transmitter and Audio-Technica MT-350 Lavalier Microphone

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques