Wedding DVD Layout.... Keeping it fresh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 18th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding DVD Layout.... Keeping it fresh

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask how you guys are laying out your DVD's?

What i mean by that is i find that most of the footage of the Bride and groom getting ready is not great audio wise. Sometimes I have a Bride or groom that talks alot during getting ready.

So what i normally do is have 4-10 mins of Bride and Groom prep with backing music tracks. When i see a good piece of audio i will layer it over the top so it can be heard. I find there is nothin more boring than shots with different audio that basically has nothing in it worth listening to or ij just plane boring.

So this is my layouts

1. 4-10 mins Bride Groom prep with backing music and all my good composed shots wit hthe occasional conversation between Bride and make up artist etc.

2. Arriving at the ceremony and birde arrives with only backing music

3. Ceremony is obviolsuy audio captured by the camera

4. Post ceremony photos with back music and some audio again depending on quality and what was captured

5. Reception is again audio captured by the camera for speeches etc

So my big question is how do you guys keep it up beat and fun? Becasue what I noticed is when leaving alot of the Bride and grrom prep audio in the final product its boring and often nothing is said "OR" it takes away from the quality of the composed shots. Again as I said if there is some good conversation or something fun and exciting which there always is then i add it in..... otherwise its just composing shots to background music with audio.

thanks

hope it all makes sense
Jason Selmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The way I did the DVD authoring mimicing the Hollywood style movie DVD. You can take a look at my blog

DVD and BluRay Authoring | L.A. Color Blog

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques