Multi Cam Tripod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 30th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #16
Trustee

Adam I you use a tripod like the 501 that uses the 501 QR plate then get the 577 Quick connect, as the QR assembly and plate is wider on the 357 Pro plate.

I accidentally ordered the 357 thinking that I could use a 501 style QR plate and was wrong.
So if you use a Bogen 501 style tripod and QR release then get the 577 QR assemble and then if you need a longer QR plate get the 501PLONG Quick Release Video Camera Plate.

Since all of my tripods are set with Bogen 501 HDV heads I make sure that all of my gear (where needed) has the 577 QR assembly mounted on it. Makes it easy for me to transfer my camera from anything to tripod.
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #17
Trustee

I've made up a plate to take three cameras - or two if I only want two - to go on a tripod. Easy as wink to make it up. Can shoot all three cameras through my teleprompter if I want to...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:25 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Michael, that's great info and exactly what I needed to know. Thanks. I was hoping to get the cheaper 357 and a longer plate in the process. I already have a 577 as well as the 501PLONG, so I guess I'll just be getting another.

Thanks again for the info.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques