experience in wedding video coverage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #16
Regular Crew

To Glen: actually the current exchange rate as of last night is Php56.15=$1 and i think still droppping. Jason does good work, i really like his works and i like his style. Well maybe sometimes i'll meet him in one of the exhibits here. :)

To Pete: yeah sometimes we have that bandwidth allocation but not always. since it will cost more. anyway thanks for the reply.
OT: Would like to reiterate...Anyone knows jason magbanua here?
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Silva Jr.
Thanks Glenn, I am fine out here, it's really nice to be a member of this forum. 60-70 hours wow that's really a big number...i wonder what could be other improvements i can do with NLE like color correction and other stuff...well i know...i will search right...? hehehe

anyway thanks again glenn and to other guys that replied.
As a rule of thumb, for a top quality professional result you can expect to spend altogether about 1 to 3 hours of editing for each finished minute of the program. The shooting ratio, total footage shot compared to finished program length, can range from 3:1 up to 10:1, depending on great many factors and your run of luck <grin>.
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Wilie
Glen,

I'm not sure I understand the caution here. Most people would prefer to attract as much attention to their web site as possible. That's why they have a public web site. It's extremely common for people to post links to other web pages and web sites on forums and web pages all over the Internet.
I'm sure he would, indeed, like to attract as much traffic to the site as possible but from potential clients not other videographers. I have a fellow videographer friend who took his samples down because after a little investigating the majority of his traffic was steming from videography forums. In reality he was "paying" for other videographers to see his work. His clips are now password protected...only real potential clientel can gain access.

You'd be amazed at how much bandwidth posting a link on a public forum can chew up. As many "members" as we have here there are many, many more that are guests.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #19
Regular Crew

My point too

Thats exactly the reason why I pulled my clips from my site. I found out that every other videographer was pulling clips from my site.

Now I only deal direct and with a demo cd - its gives you the opportunity to wow them while you are in their company - otherwise uncle bob comes along and views your work and says "oh, I can also do that and I'll charge you half!"

Also just my .02

Cheers
Old August 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
We did a couple of free ones for practice.
I did 4 free ones for friends and family and friends of friends with little or no budget.. Totally free, so if it was terrible is better than having nothing.. Basically I just let them know that I wanted the practice..:)
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques