Wedding DVD going to India at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Wedding DVD going to India

I just completed an edit of a Hindu wedding and my clients want to ship copies of their wedding DVD to family in India. They asked me if the DVDs would be compatible. My initial research mentions the need to have a DVD player that converts NTSC to PAL. Is this feature common in DVD players and is it the only requirement?
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Art

In PAL country our DVD players, provided they are fairly recent, will play NTSC disks but it's probably not worth taking the chance and sending NTSC DVD's to a PAL region.

I would rather render the project into PAL as well and send them PAL DVD's. Over here I often will get a bride with family in the USA and I make a point of doing NTSC copies for any DVD's that are destined for that region.

It would be the better (and safer) option as older PAL players never had the 'play NTSC' option!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Trustee

Your public profile says you use Sony Vegas. You can easily create PAL DVDs using Vegas/DVD Architect.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Major Player

yes I am using Vegas and DVDA - that sounds like the solution - Thanks!
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I will be doing a PAL version of a wedding in the spring, and I use Adobe CS4 and DVD Architect 4.0. Would it be best to render out the final edit in PAL in Adobe or can it be converted to PAL using just Architect?
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Can anyone give me advice for the same situation (NTSC to PAL) for Final Cut Studio users?

I know in DVD Studio Pro, the DVD's you author are region-free, but from a bit of research, that doesn't necessarily mean that PAL DVD players can always play them?

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate some guidance, if I have to change my sequence settings in FCP and re-export, or simply press a button in DVDSP.
Chris Estrella is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques