Tape or Memory or Both? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 12th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Tape or Memory or Both?

Hello all, currently filming weddings with a Sony VX2100 and tape. While researching my jump to HD, i was just wondering how many of you shoot to tape, shoot to a memory type drive, or shoot to both at the same time. I offer affordable wedding videography using a single manned camera and am content to stick with this setup, but of course am petrified if I had a problem. I carry backup cameras, but what if i did not know i was having a problem?

Thanks for any and all answers and advice.
Darryn Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I came from the Sony PD-150, and I jumped into the Z5. I like to record to tape and to the optional Flash-recorder mounted on the back. It might be good to do both in your case since you are a single cam operation and you have expressed some concern about that. Dual format recording seems to fit the bill for you.
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks will, thats exactly one of the setups i was looking at. I am thinking that 3 32gb cards should provide up to 5 hours? Also, pressing record button will start both the tape and memory card? Where is the battery if the memory drive is in back? Thanks.
Darryn Carroll is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques