Congratulations to our fellow DVIers - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
How much brides spend has no bearing on the EventDV 25 list. The list is entirely comprised of peer voting.

That said, I know Kevin Shahinian is producing some concept videos that are $20k and up, but most of us are in the $3k-6k average. For the record, Steven Speilberg couldn't hack filming weddings .. yeah .. I said it. d;-)
So then it's like congratulating the Yankees for winning the World Series, even though they buy the trophy.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Well, I suppose it would be if people bought votes, but people don't buy votes .. so I guess it's nothing like that. d;-)
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #18
Major Player

Conspicuously missing: Don Pham, Bruce Patterson, Glen Elliott, Steve Zugelter, Ron Dawson, Josh Smith, Jeff Wright, Julie Hill and Laura Randall.

Wish were included: Michael Gebben, Oleg Kayan, Dave Williams, Serge Lebedev, Garry Garza,
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Thank you, and congrats to all of the other filmakers who were selected. It's very humbling and a great honor to have been included on a list with such amazing talents.
Travis, your inclusion was a pleasant, but not unexpected addition. Congrats my man. :)
Steve Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Thanks, Steve. You're inclusion was a no-brainer. d;-) I've got to meet you and Laura someday soon.
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Meet you? In person? That might crush my image of you as 6'6" with giant muscles. ;) One day my friend. If I pass thru Idaho on my way to civilization I will say hi. :) Thanks Trav
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Steve, if that's your image of me then we better not meet .. I'd rather keep the legend alive, lol. I can't say anything specific on here yet, but I have a feeling we'll meet somewhere else before you come through Idaho and see me. Looking forward to the day ...
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Ever since your fantastic Borat imitation, I knew you were destined for great fame. :)
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine View Post
Conspicuously missing: Don Pham, Bruce Patterson, Glen Elliott, Steve Zugelter, Ron Dawson, Josh Smith, Jeff Wright, Julie Hill and Laura Randall.

Wish were included: Michael Gebben, Oleg Kayan, Dave Williams, Serge Lebedev, Garry Garza,
Yeah Joel I'm surprised Glen didn't make the list this year. Nevertheless it's good to see new faces and I think it would be a good practice every year to have a fresh 25.

Last edited by Monday Isa; February 25th, 2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: clarify
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Moses View Post
Ever since your fantastic Borat imitation, I knew you were destined for great fame. :)
Too funny. I thought that video lived in infamy only in my local circle, lol.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Seriously Travis, enjoy your time in the spotlight, but most importantly remember why the voters used a vote for you. Keep giving and sharing knowledge with others and being a good example for others. I have no doubt you will be there for many more years. We have been blessed to have been voted in the last 4 years and this year is as big an honor as the first year was. :)
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #27
Inner Circle

For sure, Steve. I've always been really open about sharing information and willing to help others, and being named to the top 25 isn't going to change that. If anything, I'm hoping it will open opportunities for me to be even more useful in our industry. But anyway .. I'm worried I'm taking up too much air in this thread now. d;-)

:bows out:
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Yeah Joel I'm surprised Glen didn't make the list this year. Nevertheless it's good to see new faces and I think it would be a good practice every year to have a fresh 25.
Monday, agree. I have never seen the work of the Spanish guy Antonio until yesterday, it was a joy to watch. I forgot the name of the other guy who story board his shoots, also an amazing videographer.

Travis, I would get all the mileage with your inclusion. I'll even post a link of the EventDV video on your blog if I were you. I would even pay for an article at a local newspaper about the award. But thats just me.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Thanks, Steve. You're inclusion was a no-brainer. d;-) I've got to meet you and Laura someday soon.
Well done Steve - again.

Old February 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Thanks Howie, you have always been a great supporter. As the only filmmaker I know that is older than me, I love you. :)
Steve Moses is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques