Wedding couple wants "no release" of footage... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #46
Major Player

let me add my $.02... at the beginning - I'd charge anyone extra just for driving 500miles to a gig - doesn't matter what kind of pkg they chose. Just think about it - 250 miles each way it's an additional 8 hrs without rest or sleep. That means your 8hr gig turns into 16 hrs. And you have extra expenses like gas and car wear. You said you have another gig following day - are you going to have enough time to recharge all batteries and prepare the equipment? And finally, lets say you finish the first gig at 10pm - you'll be back home at 3am. And next gig starts at noon? and most likely you have another 1-2hrs of driving there. That leaves you with merely 7-8hrs of rest and repacking. And that will also reduce your creativity for the 2nd shoot. The 2nd couple booked you for your style and you might have big problems trying to deliver what you promised because you're too tired.

as far as the privacy issue - i have no problem with giving up on advertising. Happy customer is more important then 2-5 secs of footage.... as long as I feel being paid fair.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #47
Major Player

They have a travel charge already, the wedding ends early and i'll be out of there and back and ready for the next day no problem. And my smallest package 4 hour gig can;t turn into a 16 hour gig unless I am getting paid cause I have bills to pay hahahahhahaahahhaaa.

I think this thread can end now. Lots of Laughter.

Please read everything before you post everyone.

I am Rolling on the floor laughing!!
Wow you would think I was just messing around from some of the reponses. GEEEEE!!!!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques