Best iPhone App For Wedding Videography? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 27th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Best iPhone App For Wedding Videography?

Whats your best app for wedding videography? My best is clockedin which is a time management app. I used it to measure how much time I spend on a project ( that is pure editing time and time i used on different aspects of the project) I wasnt too happy to learn that on a six hour shot whittled down to a two and a half hour timeline took me in excess of twenty hours to complete! Ok most of the time was wasted on colour correction all of which i abandoned later but it just goes to show how much time we really use
Akinola Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Trustee

Then presumably you have to factor in the time you spend messing around with your iphone..... :)
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Trustee

OT sorry Akinola, but just to say though somehow I managed to miss you so far, you are now added to the dvinfobrits list and you'll be there when I post the next update at 400 names (currently 383). Here's the last update posted http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-pe...ml#post1488252
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

On lazy days I've been known to use the timer and don't let myself take a break until I've reached an hour. Of course the hour comes and usually I'm too involved by then to want to stop. It's just a good motivational tool. And it came with my phone. If you don't have an iphone you can always just look at a clock... ;-)
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #5
Major Player

hey Akinola, hope you're well! long time no speak!

i hope this thread helps as well:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-...ographers.html

cheers
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

SmartStudio looks very interesting in regards to organizing client data. It's $29.99, so I've been relunctant to make the purchase, but it certainly seems like a helpful app. Has anyone else used this app?
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Major Player

I just posted this in another thread, but I like Griffin's iTalk Pro for sound recording. Just plug in a mic and it's ready to go!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques