Pre-Wedding Meeting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pre-Wedding Meeting

I'm sure there's a great thread on here of this. What are things you normally go over during a pre-wedding meeting? They've confirmed that I've got the job, but I've got to get them the contract and explain the contract to them (something I've also got to work out).

If anyone could direct me, I'd appreciate it!
Ryan ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hey Ryan,

I would start by doing a search on contract in this forum, specifically the wedding section and taking care of business section. After that, you just need to listen to what your clients want and cater your contract/services around them.
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Here's mine. Keep or throw away as you see fit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Contract for Wedding Photographic Services.pdf (117.6 KB, 519 views)
Mark Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Ryan

Apart from signing the contract and finalising costs. It's probably the best possible time to get as much information as you can about the entire day and how it's expected to unfold.

When I walk in I usually say "Tell me about your wedding" and once the plan unfolds I will ask questions as needed. By the time they have finished you should have a pretty good idea of how the day will happen, what times you need to be where etc etc and you can then sign contracts and give them your banking details.

My session with the couple normally lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Pre-Wedding Meeting

I got my information from the book: "Refocus: Cutting Edge Strategies to Evolve your Video Business" by Ron Dawson.

There's much more information than the Pre-Wedding Meeting.
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Trustee

We have clients sign contracts when they confirm the booking and pay the deposit.

Three months before the wedding we meet the clients and hand them our Client Questionnaire, some 17+ pages. Part of this is to ensure that we, often the only people present all day, have the telephone numbners of the vital suppliers so that there's a problem we can contact these people by phone. The coupld won't have their phones or wedding files with them Rareloy neede but much appreciated when it is.

The rest of the questionnaire tells us what they want to see in their programme (and what not). It is the reason 70+% of our programmes are approved first showing.

We leave the document with them and collect it a month before the wedding when the stage payment (50% of the bill) is due. Next we see them at the rehearsal, then at the wedding.

We get very good response for our customer care and regard the effort as worth it.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Major Player

I use Shoot Q for contract signing, questionnaires, payments, and other things... saves a ton of time on the "little" stuff.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Awesome! Thanks for all the tips. I do have the book "Refocus" (it's awesome) and I like to hear from other sources as well.
Ryan ONeil is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques