Credit Card Payments at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Credit Card Payments

Hey, this is my first post on wedding. I've been making a pain of my self on the sound board and I figured I'd spread the pain. First of all, thanks to all your posts I've learned some good things about wireless and plan on getting something like a G2 EW112p.

My question has to do with Credit card payments. Are most of you taking payments on line at your web sites? If so can you reccomend any companies that charge mainly on transaction versus monthy transactions plus flat monthly deductions from the bank accounts, and don't have long contracts.

I live around Atlanta, so the services and companies may not be the same, but I'd be very interested in the info so I can compare it with what I come across.

Thanks,
Scott Routt
Scott Routt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I use paypal, I think they only charge 2.9% +.20 or something around that.
Ken Hendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Ken

I would have thanked you earlier, but I had a Mac crash. I appreciate it.
-Scott
Scott Routt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Routt
...but I had a Mac crash.
Scott,
Ummm...you're not really supposed to admit that. You're suposed to say that if failed gracefully, or became uncooperative requiring user intervention, or something like that. Because everyone knows only PCs crash. ; )

No flames please, I've owned both and had both let me down at times.
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #5
Major Player

I killed Captain Kirk

Patrick, it was the dumbest thing. A repeat from a year ago. Needing to restart between OSX and and Classic 9. Why? My Umax scanner won't work in X, even when 9 is running in the background. I have a firewire external drive attached with some reminants of a classic operating systems installed (enough for the Mac to think there's something to start up with down there). I will now always remember to eject the firewire drive when trying to restart from Classic to X. I lost everything. All my notes from this forum and the sound forum. So my FAQ from me will soon begin again.

Restarting between the two Op systems is akin to Scottie beaming up Kirk. You know how sometimes Kirk's atoms get stuck in hyper space and he's looking in the windows? And Old Scotty is trying his best rematerialize him. Well that's what its like to go between 9 and X. You click and pray. And I killed Captain Kirk.
Scott Routt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques