Website Thoughts - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post

I'm sure that one could get a little Flash or Java drop down calendar, select your wedding date and then it says "Available!! Book now" .... I'll have to look around as something like that would not show your schedule but just tell the bride whether you are free or not!!! Anyone use something like that????

Chris
Hi Chris,

This is a good idea and there are ways that can be done without even trying to go towards Flash or Java...

If anyone interested, I can implement it for them, for a small price of course ;-)
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Hameed

I must admit that no-one has ever asked me "Why do you have no bookings in June" so I'm not really over-concerned about the issue. In fact, despite the calendar, people still email or phone and ask "Are you free on 25th April ?" so it's not really a big deal.
What I TRY to achieve is providing enough website information so that the client doesn't have to ask any questions ..especially price related ones!! They usually just phone me and say "I want to book" This suits me as I'm not really a super-salesman and would rather go and see the client and get some details than have to sell them the concept of a wedding video. It's actually tough being a creative/technical person and then have to also be a slick sales person with the gift of being able to easily close a sale if the couple are still undecided (those ones I probably lose anyway!!)

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
It's actually tough being a creative/technical person and then have to also be a slick sales person with the gift of being able to easily close a sale if the couple are still undecided (those ones I probably lose anyway!!)
Very true!

Generally when I get a call from customers their starting line is, "I was talking to ______ and he said that you are doing videos." This has benefits and drawbacks. I don't have to sell anything, there is no marketing cost involved but then because it is a friend of a friend then they expect a discount... but there are ways around it... ;)

I have a website but it is only because I have it listed on my business card. I desinged it a while back and I hate it. There is absolutely no content.... It is funny that I build websites part time but my own one sucks.... lol
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques