Here's a new highlight clip... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Here's a new highlight clip...

Thoughts?

Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Major Player

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about posting this here.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Right place to post or not... I still loved it!
Very nice! Fresh. I haven't watched it enough to start to "pick it apart" but I watched it once straight through and I felt in a good mood the whole clip. Loved it.
What are the specs? or did you already post that and I just missed them?
Thanks for sharing your work with us. very inspiring.
Darrick
Sweet Media Productions
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey Darrick...

Thanks for watching and the kind words... I was using a JVC 200U as my A cam and a HV40 for the slider shots.

Steve
Old April 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Very nice ! Great shooting and well done..
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Major Player

Very nice bro. I too felt good on the first run. I could be picky if you want? ...

I've been reamed by brides who thought that there was too many prep shots of people setting up the day.

I personally like them, but I try not to get carried away. I still wouldn't change that about this video thou. The flow was nice. It was a bit linear, some of the best highlight videos can mix it up. I tried doing this technique on my first highlight video which was very hard, but very rewarding. The glass pouring shot was a bit long. Keep those quick.

Other than that their was a lot of creative shots! Keep it coming and thanks for sharing.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:10 AM   #7
Major Player

Great positive mood. It seems that you are becoming the Lord Of The Rings! :) I always like your ring ideas.
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #8
Major Player

Hey guys thanks for watching....

Kren, thanks for compliment...

Kelly... I know what you mean about the prep shots. I like them a lot and personally think they help tell the story of the day a little better. This wedding is one in particular where I found myself filming more prep then I ever would consider using. I orgionally wanted to start out with some reception footage and work my way back. But it just wasn't working out. Sometimes you have to rely on the guests to give you something to work with (such as a good speech)... I'll try mixing it up some more in the future. If at the very least for my own excitment.

Dimitris... Thanks for the compliment as well. I love shooting the rings and it seems that I might be a little late to the trend. But it's fun to do! I picked up some good ideas from Matt Barwick (who in my mind will always be the origional lord of the rings :-)

Steve
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Major Player

[QUOTE=Kelly Langerak;1520477]Very nice bro. I too felt good on the first run. I could be picky if you want? ...

I've been reamed by brides who thought that there was too many prep shots of people setting up the day.

I agree, I recently saw a wedding video where the florist was in the video it seemed more than the bride was. I think the bride would like to see her family and guests a little more than the florist.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques