what camera to use with my 7D? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Major Player

michael,
do you use lighting?

i guess you are always keeping an eye on the t2i because of the 12mins limit.

i'd be wanting to do the same more or less. leave a t2i to get a general wide shot in the church/townhall and the 7d for details.
i reckon a 7d with a tamron 17-50mm f2,8 and the canon 50mm f1,8 should be ok. i would be using my monopod. what do other 7d users have?
i have a canon 28mm f2.8 that i was thinking of leaving on the wide t2i mounted on a tripod

both with a rode video mic

to be honest wedding videos here in spain are fairly basic affairs. they spend little and i usually shot with just one camera when working for others. they would pay me a flat fee to shoot everything. i am just wanting to offer them something different and get my own customers.
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques