Photo Booth at Wedding Reception - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I've thought of doing the "photo bar" thing, allowing instant gratification, but you need a CREW to do it properly... someone needs to "man" the printer to help guests print their or your photos on the spot, and keep the printer(s) working.

Phil, those two examples, a and c are rather scary IMO, a took the photog away from their primary JOB, and c just sounds like a party crashing mooch... if I were the photog and ran into such a thing, there might have been some accidental "equipment malfunction" - I can't imagine how much nerve it took for someone to "work the room" on someone else's big day.

In the end, vendors who forget the job they were hired to do won't likely be vendors for too terribly long, no matter how clever their "gimmick".
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

my photography friends actually have been doing this since last year and its very popular. I've helped them in several gigs already and there pretty fun to do. Many people are right that it tends to take away from the whole event however my friends actually found a way to solve that. What they do is actually close down the photobooth during specific time when the photographers need the b&g's attention or when there's a first dance, or something of that sort. Also, it gives the photobooth a chance to rest since it does get hectic. We've had lines that almost go around half of the building.

Check out their site if you guys want.

VC Productions
Chris Talawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Chris, it's always fun to look at those photobooth photos. I checked VC productions site, it doesn't look like that's a "booth" :)
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #19
Inner Circle

looks like a really BIG booth!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #20
Regular Crew

yup its more like a studio.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Inner Circle

They can market it as "Hollywood Red Carpet".. since people are all glamorous. It's more fun that way.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Hi Taky, that was actually already discussed. Not truly sure what they'll do.
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Talawe View Post
my photography friends actually have been doing this since last year and its very popular. I've helped them in several gigs already and there pretty fun to do. Many people are right that it tends to take away from the whole event however my friends actually found a way to solve that. What they do is actually close down the photobooth during specific time when the photographers need the b&g's attention or when there's a first dance, or something of that sort. Also, it gives the photobooth a chance to rest since it does get hectic. We've had lines that almost go around half of the building.

Check out their site if you guys want.

VC Productions
I've been doing the photo booth rental thing for the past 6 months, so I'm pretty new as well. But we found that if the photo booth is strategically placed in the reception hall, somewhere not totally out of the way in the hallway or something - like by the bar, near the dance floor, we found that it keeps all the guests in the same room.

With the huge lineups too waiting for their turn to get into the photo booth, if they're near the dance floor they often end up dancing right there in the line! It really gets the party started.

wedding photo booth rental, commercial & wedding videography for Windsor | Perfect Shutter Experience | Also serving London, Sarnia and Toronto, Ontario and beyond.
Herman Chiu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques