DVD Packaging - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #16
Regular Crew

The DVD is an important first impression and should reflect your program. A good design and stylis looking case adds value to the whole thing and is as important element as your camerawork and editing.
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shovlar View Post
IMO the packaging is vitally important. The first thing the bride sees when she opens the parcel is the DVD cases. This initil impression has to be absolutely positive. I send my DVDs out in a lovely white box. It cost a couple of pounds but loks great. I use clear sellotape, not brown tape, with nice, neat, hand written label.

On opening the parcel the bride sees tissue paper, never bubble wrap. Opening the tissues reveals a personal letter from me telling her what a fantastic wedding it was and how everyone seemed to be having a great time. And how I enjoyed filming every minute of it.

Under the letter is a box of hand made chocs to enjoy while watching the film. A smll token which only costs a few pounds but stays in the memory. Think about recommendations.

Under the chocs and more tissues is the blu-ray presentation case. Cost is bout £12.50. A lace case which opens up to a mounted photo on the left and the blu-ray DVD on the right.
These are the ones I use.

MTA Single CD Folios --- Parker Photographics Ltd
The lace ones are very nice. The bride gets one.

Then under the blu-ray are the six DVDs. I use Amaray white DVD cases. Amaray re nice quality. I print a full colour insert to my own design, with a few of the photo's I have taken during the day. i used to carry a Nikon D70s with me but to be honest it was overkill and I now use a little Panasonic Lumix, whhich costs about £80 with quite amazing results. I shoot one of the bride and groom at the curch, cutting the cake, brides boquet and a couple extra, which is ample for the case and menues. I NEVER use screen grabs. Not good enough for the case.

Doing that little bit extra, which only takes a few minutes, will stick in the brides mind and when she tells you what a great job you have done, the chances are she will also tell her friends who might also be getting married.

I am toying with the idea of giving every bride an engraved iPod Nano, with wedding highlights loaded on for them, so they can show all their friends at their workplace. The Nano would have their names, wedding day and my website engraved, plus the start of the clip would also have my details. I would just incorporate the price of the nano in the package so it wouldn't be me paying for it.

It's important to be as pro as you can, and the little things like labels and finishing touches are vitally important to the overall image you are projecting.

Well that's my thought anyway.
I am looking for the lacy wedding cases like the one the company above sells, but located in the US?

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #18
Major Player

Why not email or phone Parker Photographics and ask about postage costs to the USA?
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques