Slightly Different Highlights Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 28th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Sweet dude. I am taking notes furiously. Yeah, a little too much chair, ceremony flashes and the ending didn't stack up to the main course. But that's comparing a good ending to a great middle. Bottom line IMHO is the worst you've got here is really good.

Keep posting, I like your style. I, like Glen, lean too heavily to the slo mo dramatic side and I love seeing stuff that pulls me in a new direction.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cook
Sweet dude. I am taking notes furiously. Yeah, a little too much chair, ceremony flashes and the ending didn't stack up to the main course. But that's comparing a good ending to a great middle. Bottom line IMHO is the worst you've got here is really good.

Keep posting, I like your style. I, like Glen, lean too heavily to the slo mo dramatic side and I love seeing stuff that pulls me in a new direction.

Cheers

Mike
I like the wide chair shot and then into the red shag rug chair shot.. It at least gave me this vision of a BIG #$@ farm and wedding.. lol! Good work.. Appreciate the share..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 09:38 AM   #18
Major Player

The vows portion should have been straight cuts. The over-compensation in that scene leaves the viewer with the impression that the spoken words were not great enough to stand on thier own.

You would bring more emotional empassis to this audio portion by not trying to over-stimulate our eyes.

I enjoyed the rest of it... well done.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #19
Still Motion

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I tried what you mentioned Craig with the straight cuts but everybody preferred this version, so that is what was used. Had there been a longer break in the music, I would have done straight cuts and added slightly more silence between clips, but as is, the straight cuts seemed much too rapid and this worked as the best solution.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #20
Regular Crew

wait guys, i have missed this, how did you view the video? seems like i can not view it. is this a quick time streaming file? tia
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #21
Regular Crew

is the "flash Transistion" you used a preset in your NLE or did you make it? I have just really been having trouble achieving a quick and simple blooming/flash transistion like this. I can make it in After Effects but that is a pain as each one is done seperately. I am using PPro 1.5

Can you offer any suggestions or am I just lame and everyone else knows how to do these? -ha
Old August 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #22
Still Motion

I usea couple third party plug-ins for Final Cut Pro. Aside from shortening the transition, nothing else was done with that. Sorry, but I can offer no help for the PC side of things.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:48 AM   #23
Regular Crew

anyone know of any similar plug ins for Prem Pro?
Old August 21st, 2005, 10:27 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Tolbertson
anyone know of any similar plug ins for Prem Pro?
Yup. It's called installing a color matte as white and then keyframing the opacity..:)

If you have the matrox RT.X100 card it has some of those options..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #25
Regular Crew

I have done it that way but it does not add the blooming look to it. Maybe I wil try adding a glow or messing with the gamma or something in addition to the white matte.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques