Anyone heard of 'AK WEDDING FILM'? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Major Player

Anyone heard of 'AK WEDDING FILM'?

Hi all,

'AK WEDDING FILM' (Home -) have stolen exact, and large, chunks of text and ideas from my site.
Oh, and they've not only stolen the logos I include at the bottom of my index page, but they've actually gone to the effort of slightly altering them too, haha! desperate or what!

This'll be the 10th+ case i've discovered this year then, from local and international companies....

Remember, people - copyscape.com. hunts out copycats instantly!

cheers
Richard
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Richard,

Just had a quick look at both your and their website....I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about at all! Yours looks very slick and professional and theirs looks, well...(I'll not say on a public forum). Let's just say that if the've really stolen ideas and stuff of your website they certainly won't have the necessary imagination in filmmaking to keep their clients happy for very long.

I know these things are annoying (and I personally put a heck of a lot of work into my own website so I can only imagine how it might feel).

Plagiarism seems to be a modern disease deemed acceptable by way too many people now that we have the simplicity of copy and paste - as I keep reminding my 11 year old when she does her homework using the web for fact searching! It's also the reason I usually watermark any pictures I post anywhere nowadays...
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Major Player

hey, thanks andy

it's funny because this happened to me a lot in the past, so i really made a point to personalise my site (i.e. mug shot of yours truly, and text on the homepage that only i could take claim to etc), yet still people feel it's quick + easy just to swipe paragraphs/sentences from the rest of the site. such a sad thing to do.

and as just pointed out by someone i know, they've also taken 3 of my testimonial pictures, of couples they would never have even met!!!!!

i used to find this sort of thing REALLY annoying, but now i just laugh at it. thankyou copyscape.com, you brighten my day :D

p.s. make sure your 11 yr old doesn't become a web designer, LOL ;)
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Major Player

UPDATE:

this guy has got back to me, and has blamed his london-based web guy who apparantly did the work for him......

not the first time i've heard this 'my web guy did it, not me' story.....oh well....
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Major Player

If I were him I would have words with my web guy about the quality of the site. Looking at the cached version I notice hes won the FX Awards :)
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #6
Major Player

I think I better quit trying because that guy has shot weddings all around the world and will come do one for me with an international flare or something like that for only $1800 !!!!!!

That sounds pretty gosh darn reasonable for an international jet settin' videographing guy, doncha think ???
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:33 AM   #7
Inner Circle

It usually is the 'web guy' who has just copied a site to provide a quick & cheap site for a client. However it is the owner & publisher of the site who is responsible for the copyright infringement as those who have been hounded by Getty Images can testify.

Here is a similar site that checks if your images have been used elsewhere on the web TinEye Reverse Image Search
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Major Player

Feel sorry for that, the nature of the Internet, things like that happen to many colleagues here in Russia as well.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Regular Crew

wow, thanks to Richard and copyscape.com, i just discovered that this people:
Wedding Video from Simply Wedding Videos, Ireland - Home have copied the text, layout, structure and everything else from my site:

Viva la wedding

shocking! I would be annoyed if it wasn't for how awful his site looks! damn, you have to have bad taste to do something like that.
I think that i'm going to have a fun time calling this guy tomorrow......I'll keep you updated!
Guillermo Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo Ibanez View Post
wow, thanks to Richard and copyscape.com, i just discovered that this people:
Wedding Video from Simply Wedding Videos, Ireland - Home have copied the text, layout, structure and everything else from my site:

Viva la wedding

shocking! I would be annoyed if it wasn't for how awful his site looks! damn, you have to have bad taste to do something like that.
I think that i'm going to have a fun time calling this guy tomorrow......I'll keep you updated!
Please do. It's pretty hilarious that the testimonials from happy couples use exactly the same words as the happy couples on your website. It will be interesting to see whether it's the web guy that gets blamed for the plagiarism.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques