Wedding Photographer/Videographer fight! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #1
Major Player

Wedding Photographer/Videographer fight!

Anyone else seen this video? I'm not sure whether you can post links on here or not, but just google "photographer videographer fight gawker" Makes you wonder what was so bad that it came to this...
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-...tographer.html
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks. That is it. My other favorite wedding video that I saw recently was the photographer walking backwards getting shots of the recessional, and falling into the fountain. Well, I don't think "favorite" is the right word. Probably the one that makes me cringe the most. (see link below)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...qexxqQ&cad=rja

Anyone else out there have any similar videos to share? I'm sure we could all use a laugh this Monday morning...
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
Anyone else out there have any similar videos to share? I'm sure we could all use a laugh this Monday morning...
This one. Watch it right through to the end & you will see that it's not been staged for YouTube YouTube - Pole dance ruins wedding
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Major Player

Re: The Videographer vs. Photographer fight, I can't for the life of me remember who told me this, but someone who speaks the language told me that the fight was between the photographer and two private investigators that were hired to get footage of either the bride and groom for whatever reason. My apologies, because my memory is a bit foggy. It has to be months since I saw the clip and was told the context. I wish I could remember who told me so I could get in touch and get some clarification.
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
Anyone else seen this video?
Obviously it's more than "Videographer vs. Photographer" because it soon becomes "Videographer vs. Videographer" and "Videographer vs. his own camera" which leads me to believe it was staged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
This one. Watch it right through to the end & you will see that it's not been staged for YouTube
What is there that leads you to believe it has not been staged? I think it's just a bit "too perfect". First, we see the drunk lady, then we see the bride's reaction, then we see more of the action and the bride's reaction, and so on. It tells a perfect story, which is not the way your typical home videographer shoots. Was it staged specifically for YouTube? Maybe not - it's too complex. I think it was probably part of a larger amateur production, but staged nonetheless.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques