Wedding film found, viewed and edited after 37 years - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 25th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #16
Trustee

Sure Kren, by the way, your not related to them are you?!

The couple in the movie had their "honeymoon baby" named jasmin and she married a Barnes!
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks for sharing Ted. This is a treasure for your Aunt.

This reminded me of a story about photog who delivered prints to a couple after 30 years (?). The couple had no money that time and did not claim the prints. The photog cleaning up his studio, discovered the photos, was able to track the couple and hand them the pics for free.
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #18
Trustee

Noel,

We have a ton of those, clients that don't pay after! Haha! In our 47 year operation we had so many clients, with a lot of them just wanna hire us probably for "status symbol" only, a lot never claim their pics.
I guess this was probably due to the fact that most of the weddings that happen are those with pregnant brides.
In our culture several years ago, its taboo to be an unwed mother so they always force the guy into marriage. -it doesnt usually last, cuz usually theyre both young and no money. Claiming their pics is the last thing on their minds.

A lot part ways before the video gets done!

I had a separation after a week, three days, but none will beat the separation AFTER RECEPTION!
Believe it...or not!
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #19
Trustee

Hey Ted,
Good thread! I just had a similar experience, I recently found footage of my parents' wedding that was tucked away at my Aunt's house for almost 50 years! Fortunately, both my parents are still alive and were able to enjoy watching it. Now I can see why some clients want to preserve every frame of whatever we shoot of their wedding. After reviewing my own wedding, here are some things I wished were covered that weren't:
1. The entire receiving line of guests as they congratulated/greeted us at the reception.
2. Shots (either photos or video) of every table of guests.

Some videographers focus only on short form weddings, but I think that's a mistake because they capture only the bride and groom, and forget about the family and guests. The true value of a wedding is seeing everyone that's there to share the celebration. In a few years, a lot of those guests won't be around, and the remaining video footage becomes priceless.

Since finding my parents' film, I've changed my perception of how to shoot a wedding. Instead of shooting for the couple, I now shoot as if I'm shooting for their children's children. I try to balance coverage. I shoot a lot of the couple, but I also tend to focus a lot on the little children, as well as the oldest guests there.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques