DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   I need help!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/490786-i-need-help.html)

Dave Blackhurst February 1st, 2011 11:53 PM

Hey, I picked up an old Focal brand on eBay that actually has a pretty decent head on it - oozes grease a bit, but it's got a nice smooth and controllable action to it... way better'n the heads on my other "cheap piece o' crud" tripods (they are locked down and only need to keep the cams up in the air, as high as may be needed (they are TALL, I'll give them that).

Amanda - how about "desert paradise cheeseburger productions"? I'm surprised the rest of the gang hasn't chimed in yet, do you feel part of the crew now?!

Denny Lajeunesse February 2nd, 2011 03:02 AM

Too bad "Fluffy Bunny Productions" is taken... (by a production company with what might be the worlds worst website). :D
Fluffy Bunny Productions on Myspace Films - New Films & Documentaries

Joshua Heater February 2nd, 2011 08:05 AM

good luck from Saint Louis

Amanda,

I am from your area and sounds like you can really grow yourself in Mt. Vernon. Actually I guess you would be competition. Wedding films is such an untapped market ready to explode. If I could offer any advice I would get the dslr. If you are low on funds then start with a canon 60d and maybe a rebel t2i, otherwise get a 60d and a 7d. For women they are great. Small form factor and you can be mobile....which is key for live events. Buy a few lenses. A wide and angle and a telephoto. At least start with one...possible two lapel mics if you can afford it. It will make or break your ceremony edit if you don't have good audio. Zoom h4n and a manfrotto 561 bhdv. Purchase a used tripod and spend more later on a better one. since you purchased a hmc150 you can use it for the ceremony to catch scenes that your dslr's didn't get(during stop/record or moving to compose a different shot).

By the way. My wife started this business and women definitely have advantage over men in the videography business in my opinion(relate with the bride, gives bride comfort, and be able to be in the room when they are getting there dress on, are usually better at storytelling in editing). You definitely need to be technically savvy when you start diving in (or at least have the drive to spend endless hours learning through the web from sites like these) and you will make some financial mistakes. But most successful videographers in my opinion know how to tell a story and that weighs heavier than having all of the best equipment. Anyway...good luck

Home | sweetTea Media | Capturing the motion of life...

Amanda Duncan February 2nd, 2011 11:55 AM

I am thinking maybe "Crappy Desert Cheeseburger- A serene, serendipitous dream, dipped in moments and etched in a lifetime". LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I will be sending my business cards out when I actually HAVE a business!!!!

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2011 12:50 PM

Just make it "Desert Cheeseburger." That's all you need. It'll be quite an in-joke, and a conversation starter.

Amanda Duncan February 2nd, 2011 01:17 PM

Oh Chris, did you think I was serious with all that word vomit?? Funny. But I really am considering Desert Cheeseburger. It's so not wedding but it's catchy the more I laugh about it. And, I can't say that I have EVER done anything that made a whole bunch of sense!! And...that part of my personality has actually served me well. I can't focus on anything else. I am totally emersed in the forum, tutorials, books, internet based everything. I am sponging up everything that I can. My husband and haven't had a conversation outside of video for a loooonnnngggg time. We are both really excited. I am taking in everything and I so appreciate all the private emails and suggestions. I'm will be doing my purchasing soon.

Michael Simons February 3rd, 2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1613903)
Just make it "Desert Cheeseburger." That's all you need. It'll be quite an in-joke, and a conversation starter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda Duncan (Post 1613885)
I am thinking maybe "Crappy Desert Cheeseburger- A serene, serendipitous dream, dipped in moments and etched in a lifetime". LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I will be sending my business cards out when I actually HAVE a business!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda Duncan (Post 1613919)
Oh Chris, did you think I was serious with all that word vomit?? Funny. But I really am considering Desert Cheeseburger. It's so not wedding but it's catchy the more I laugh about it. And, I can't say that I have EVER done anything that made a whole bunch of sense!! And...that part of my personality has actually served me well. I can't focus on anything else. I am totally emersed in the forum, tutorials, books, internet based everything. I am sponging up everything that I can. My husband and haven't had a conversation outside of video for a loooonnnngggg time. We are both really excited. I am taking in everything and I so appreciate all the private emails and suggestions. I'm will be doing my purchasing soon.

I want residuals on the "Desert Cheeseburger" name!! But i do think the cheese should be an "option" you sell to the brides.