New Website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Website

Hello all. I have just finished coding my new website and wanted to see what you all thought about it. Spent the last few months learning flash and coding away. Was quite a feat, but nonetheless enjoyable to complete. Thanks for your input.

MediaBrewer Films - Wedding Videography in North Carolina
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brewer View Post
Hello all. I have just finished coding my new website and wanted to see what you all thought about it. Spent the last few months learning flash and coding away. Was quite a feat, but nonetheless enjoyable to complete. Thanks for your input.

MediaBrewer Films - Wedding Videography in North Carolina
OMG! I am all teared up with your video on the wedding link! GREAT JOB! LOVE IT!
Lisa Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Fantastic site with great samples! (Even though I'm not a fan of Flash :) I only have one very, small suggestion... you look kind of "tough" for a wedding videographer with the stance in your bio picture. Would a bride be a little intimidated? Just wondering.

Good luck!
Deborah
Deborah Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the positive feedback. That is quite funny about the picture and stating it is a pose that does offer a bit of intimidation. I hadn't realized that until you mentioned that and it made me chuckle. I will see if I can round up a better pose that might make me look friendly. Promise I am not that mean. :)
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Major Player

After reading Deborah's comment, I browsed, maybe a sports jacket and a slack would be much more appealing. The pictures may make the impression that you will shoot their wedding in jeans. Great input from the ladies.
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #6
Major Player

Good looking site Jeff. The gals may be right about how you're dressed since you are going after brides, but maybe not. What do I know? It's been mostly grooms that contacted me for weddings. Probably since they've seen me out and about shooting sports.

The way you're dressed is how all the camera ops dress around here shooting sports, news, and even the crews working on feature films.
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
After reading Deborah's comment, I browsed, maybe a sports jacket and a slack would be much more appealing. The pictures may make the impression that you will shoot their wedding in jeans. Great input from the ladies.
Consider that you are indirectly competing with the photographer (budget) and some bride's are severely judgmental. She's looking around websites and sees photographer bio, and thinks "sharply dressed". Then she sees your bio. Which one will she think is more professional and more deserving of the larger portion of her money?

Personally, I would omit the camera in your bio. IMHO bios should be purely about character. Bio with no cam, states that the Artist is greater than the Tools. On the rare instance that I've been asked what camera I shoot with, I've responded with "a black one." lol
Craig Terott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques