Wireless frequency at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless frequency

I own a G3 wireless setup (lav mic) and was curious how many people have used the DJ's wirelsss mic frequency on their receiver when they're doing toasts with a handheld mic. Just wondering if there has ever been any problems or things that I should be aware of. I would of course have a secondary backup.
Dylan Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Wireless frequency

90% of the DJs I know are either using VHF and the other that do use UHF are on a freq so far away from mine it's not even in the same county.
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Major Player

I had experienced an interference with the DJ once. we have the same g3, except that he was using the mic and we had really close freq. so it started to distort the audio and was very annoying during the toast. i decided to turn off my own transmitter then just find out his transmit frequency. so I guess you should be aware of:
knowing how to set your recievers frequency right away or beforehand if you are planning to tap.
i try to not use a wireless now because it gives me more problems and interference over than good results.
so, secondary and third backup is necessary i think if you are still doing wireless.

thanks,
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I alway tune in on the same freq as being used in churches and venues. A good oppertunity to check it is during rehersal at the church usually the day before. At the venue I check if the freq on the roaming mic is in my reciever range and use that if I can. As a backup I can either throw a mic on the speaker or tap on the PA system.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques