Printers for wedding DVD - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Printers for wedding DVD

Thanks Johannes

That's nice to know!! My R290's are still going strong but with my volume of work they are printing DVD's daily!!! I figure the heads will be a bit worn by now and if I get a 725 I use the same cartridges too!!!

If you get strapped for cash for cartridges you can get genuine 82 sets of 6 on eBay for as low as $40 a set. There is nothing worse than printing the covers and your printer says low ink!! I always keep a standby set in the office!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #32
Major Player

Thanks for the tips Chris. Exactly what happened with me 2 nights ago. My old printer (a Lexmark) didn't actually die, just out of ink.. but the replacement ink is half the price of the Artisan 725. So I can't be bothered buying a new ink.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rivera View Post
Huge vote for the Epson Artisan 725 or 835!! I have the 710 which is basically the same just with a different front panel (mine has buttons and the 725 has "Touch" controls).

I've had the Continuous inking system for months now and I've printed hundreds of tri-fold, full color brochures. I'm just about to order more ink for it but I can guarantee if I were to use the typical ink cartridges from Epson I would have gone through at least 6 cartridges of "light cyan" at minimum. Our brochures have quite a bit of teal in them. The CIS system was about $80 and included 640 milliliters of ink. The same amount of ink from epson would have cost in the range of $800-1300. I wish I was kidding about these figures. A complete re-fill of this ink system will cost me $30 and it will include 720ml. That will probably last me another year or two of regular printing. Maybe less if I decide to print marketing materials again.

The artisan series also has a built in DVD/CD tray that pops out when you press a button as opposed to some other printers where you have to use an "Insert" tray. Sometimes you lose those or break those trays and have to order a replacement but that's not an issue with the Epson. You really can't beat the quality of this printer for the price and it's ability to print onto DVD's as well as utilize a great Continuous inking system. I'm trying to switch everyone I know over to this setup to save them money without sacrificing quality of the prints.

-Michael
Is there a particular CIS system to buy or is it straight from Epson.
Joshua Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Hi Johannes

My R290 started giving me uphill yesterday with the CD/DVD tray jumping out of place mabe 4 or 5 times before the tray would load so I went out and got a 725 as well.

Nice printers!!!! Love the pop out tray feature and gosh, the print speed for doing full colour DVD's is probably 5 times quicker than my R290....It used to take up to 2 minutes or more and the 725 spits out a perfect DVD in just over 30 seconds. I'm impressed...Took me a while to find the paper cassette though!!! I'm used to paper going in the back!!!!

Definately a good buy and the print quality is great too...I also get to use the same cartridges which is useful as I have a good local guy who does a 6 pack of the 82's for only $40.00!!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #35
Inner Circle

I am also using Epson Artisan 50 + CISS ink + TY Watershield DVD. The outcome is stunning.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques