Cancellations - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #31
Trustee

Re: Cancellations

Good points Danny/Jeff, taken on board thanks. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #32
Major Player

Thank you Jeff. I would never sue a bride.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #33
Major Player

I no longer work in this field (it was long ago), but I've seen a couple of points here that I would like to address. Ability to pay is a recurring theme since you often have some young people just starting out who are likely strapped for cash, and perhaps the parents aren't able to help much. Look into providing options like Bill Me Later, take credit cards or at least PayPal so they can use a credit card. PayPal has a subscription option so you could let them subscribe to monthly payments and that would permit them to avoid interest (selling point). Try to make it easy for them to pay you.

Sometimes things happen beyond your customers' control. Try to help them out instead of throwing them under the bus because they are forced to cancel. Good will is difficult to find after it's lost. Negative comments about how you treated someone will circulate for years.

Also, a recurring comment is on the inability to collect judgements. There is a process by which you can require the party who lost a lawsuit to report all of their assets and income, enabling you to then garnishee wages or file liens on property. Failure to comply I believe is a misdemeanor, so there should be some motivation there. That might be worth looking into.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques