My recent wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 18th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #1
Inner Circle

My recent wedding

Hey all,

I just wanted to share this story. Shown here, http://droptodesign.com/test/rehers.jpg is a wedding party of 22 total people. What a challenge. We eventually spread them out a tad more. It was the largest wedding party I've ever filmed.

The day of the wedding, when the photographers arrived, I did my typical intros with them, gave them a copy of the wedding ceremony then offered to explain the placement 'tape' on the floor of the stage. After I explained what all the tape meant, they asked me if I was the director, I humbly replied, nope, just the videographer.

I just thought it was funny. It was kinda at that point I realized how far I have come in just a couple three years. I just don't show up and shoot anymore. I try my hardest to make the rehersal so I can fix the glitches in the setting ahead of time.

I just wanted to share this all with people who could really appreciate it. By the way, this is me 'directing.' hehe. http://droptodesign.com/test/Directing.JPG Either that or I'm doing a new dance.

Steven Davis
Old August 20th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

my best guess

I think you're doing the chicken dance except your wing is broke.......
Michael Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques