DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Indian Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/495847-indian-wedding.html)

Steve Bleasdale July 10th, 2013 01:21 AM

Re: Indian Wedding

I was invited along to a pakistan meeting to give them a quote, they never told me the real story. I gave them a normal price then three days before the wedding they wanted me in London, then Stoke and another part of the England to really do three wedding shoots. They told me lies and kept things from me. I never turned up at all, no deposit no dvd no me!! Once bitten twice shy. Do not even attempt to give any quotes to weddings like that unless they come and see me tell me the story truthfully. Hence since then 7 years ago i have never had a successful meeting with the groups when asked to meet them. I no longer accept any form of contact with them now unless it is passed onto me by friends.

John Knight July 10th, 2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons (Post 1804074)
We do traditional and redneck weddings here in Tennessee.

That's gold! I'm changing my packages to read 'Choose from traditional or redneck style' LOL!

Peter Rush July 10th, 2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1804095)
I was invited along to a pakistan meeting to give them a quote, they never told me the real story. I gave them a normal price then three days before the wedding they wanted me in London, then Stoke and another part of the England to really do three wedding shoots. They told me lies and kept things from me. I never turned up at all, no deposit no dvd no me!! Once bitten twice shy. Do not even attempt to give any quotes to weddings like that unless they come and see me tell me the story truthfully. Hence since then 7 years ago i have never had a successful meeting with the groups when asked to meet them. I no longer accept any form of contact with them now unless it is passed onto me by friends.

Sadly similar experiences for me too! I have completed a handfull of these weddings and every one, without fail, was mega problematic - I now politely decline

James Manford July 10th, 2013 04:55 PM

I'm not going to even lie ...

Only reason I do them is because initially I gained my experience working as a 2nd shooter with an asian videographer.

On your own you'll find it a nightmare ... work with an asian guy that knows what he's doing there because it's his culture. It's like filming any other wedding.

Terry Wall July 22nd, 2013 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the wedding is "in the can!" It was a long day, but--all things considered--a pretty good day. The bride and groom couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating and even the family showed a fair amount of respect for what I was doing. Here's a still that I pulled from PPro...I'll post a clip after I get back from another wedding this week in Fallbrook.

Al Gardner July 22nd, 2013 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=

Granted the wedding I filmed was a favor for a friend, but the fact that I had on location time of like 24 hours over 3 days in different cities etc... Minimum price on a production like that is easily $6,000-$10,000.

I swore I'd never do one, but I imagine if the couple wanted to pay the $10,000 cost I -might- do it.[/QUOTE]

Kyle you couldn't be more right. How could you film one of these over 2 or 3 days for any less.

Obviously many videographers will take work at any price. Which in turn makes people price haggle even more.

A client who was Indian asked me to do her wedding. This is a corporate client, so as a favor I entertained the idea. Only to find out she wanted to pay me $1800 for the 2 days of work plus all the editing. She said she couldn't believe some guy wanted to charge her $5500. I politely re-checked my calendar and found out I hadn't noticed I was book on another gig that day.

And this is a client that is paying me $1200 for the 4 hour shoot that I'm on.