Editing other people's work.. your thoughts on my case? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Editing other people's work.. your thoughts on my case?

Chris, mine is in contrast to you. I have 5 in October and none in November! Actually I turned down two of them because I'm leaving the country mid November. I can probably fit one couple in early Nov but that's about it. I'm getting married at the end of year and I don't wanna spend my honeymoon editing! :P
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Did anyone else read this entire thread in an Australian accent?

Besides those from Australia of course.

Congrats on getting married, Johannes! And don't sweat it. Having to turn down jobs is a good problem to have!
Cole Prine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Cole

Perth is so cosmopoliton that it's pretty tough to actually find/hear an real Aussie accent...we have such a mixed bag here!! I was brought up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) so I have no Oz accent...I also suspect (by his name) that Johannes is also not a born and bred Aussie either but I might be wrong!!!

Nowdays the only real "true blue" Australian accent you hear will be in the movies!!!! In fact there are probably more people from the Asian sub-continent in Perth than original Australians now so you are more likely to hear Chinese type accents !!!

We still love it, of course!!! and don't worry, Johannes won't be attempting to shoot his own wedding wedding at the end of the year!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM   #19
Major Player

Yeah, most people here don't have that deep Oz accent anymore. Not in the city at least. Down in the rural areas, you'll find tons of them.

I was born in Sydney but bred in Indonesia. But been back in the land of down under for the past 11 years. My accent is undefined.... I think I'm on semi-American accent because I learnt my English from the movies :P but I get Singlish-y when I'm in Chinese restaurant :P

Nope, I'm not videoing my own wedding. I hired another vendor to do it. Although I'm holding myself from noticing the techniques that they will be using on my wedding day!
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Johannes

That's interesting.. where does your surname/christiam name orginate?? In my later years I lived in South Africa and the Dutch/Afrikaans speaking people thereare often named Johannes as it's quite a common name. (their version of John, of course)

So you must have moved back here much the same time as me??? around 2000????

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:31 PM   #21
Major Player

Chris, Indos used to be under the Dutch colony and therefore we have quite some influence from them. That's where my first name is inluenced from. While my surname has both Dutch & Chinese.. "Soe" is a Dutch spelling while "Tan" is my chinese surname. Interesting, eh? I moved back in 2011.. after a long 13 years away from Oz. :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques